Swap meet stuff

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Just came back from a local swap meet, wish I had taken my camera. There was a sweet 1960 Impala two door Sport Coupe with a 348 and the guy was asking $5000. I was gone when I came back and hour later :(. Engine was not running, but the vehicle was fairly complete. I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner, probably a good thing...

I did score a nice front grill and the metal surrounding it for a 1962 Chevy, the fella was asking $100 but offered it to me for less. Most of this stuff sells real quick among vendors (on the Thursday before the meet starts on Friday) so guys who have big bulky stuff and don't want to haul it back home are often open to offers.

Oh yeah, and I did pick up a running 1962 Belair four door sedan, I'm ashamed to say how much. Just what I needed, another four door car :). Was thinking I might need some parts for the bubbletop project, but got caught up in the fever, as it were... Or maybe I was feeling bad that I didn't get to put a bid on the 1960 car...

The guy agreed to let me store it at his place for a while until I can come up with roof space to house her. I don't know why I do this, but it sure is fun :). I guess I DO know why, don't I???

Cheers!
TomK

P.S. Generally Phil Reed comes to these events, but since he is "retired" I suspect that factors into things a bit.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Tom, if you have any explanation for the above bizarre behavior, please let me know. I need help!!
Dave