The Bourgeois & Wade '62 Lightweight

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
http://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?SaleCode=MR10&CarID=r150
Anyone else here see the ex-Bourgeois & Wade '62 Lightweight Impala SS? It's becoming available at the Milton Robson auction that's approaching. I've seen several vintage photos of B&W's '63 Z-11 car but none of this '62 car when it was actually being campaigned. I've known of this particular car and it's whereabouts for 30 years but lost track of it several years ago. Anyway, the auction states that the interior is actually all original still and I really like the strange Adobe Beige color. Just like all the '63 Z-11's, it's a Flint-built car and is only 143 units apart from the well-known Zintsmaster car. They were probably even built on the same day.

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sold for $132,000 today. That seems like a bargain even in this terrible economy. It was even a Z-11 type motor with the Hi-Port heads and two piece intake which is a nice addition despite the fact that the car would have been delivered with a standard 409 2-4 engine. Supposedly the interior was still all original. '63 Z-11's seem to be anywhere from $200-$300K and of the 50 cars, I think there's no more than 15 survivors. This car is much rarer with only 18 of them assembly-line produced and between this one and the Zintsmaster car, one other in Ohio, I think there's only 3, maybe 4 surviviors of the 18. They were produced so late in the year that everybody that got one robbed the aluminum front ends from them after the U.S. Nationals in Indy onto their already sorted-out Bel Airs and Biscaynes.

desapience

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Money an metal

Paying that kind of cash for ANY 62 or 63 -- is, Leno territory, and IMO, comedic..
And, in the ad, it said that whoever retored it paid $150,000 for the restoration!!!

Who painted it, don trump? Test driven by Bill gates?

Ridiculous.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I don't think it's ridiculous.:scratch
I've seen relatively common Mustangs, Cudas and Camaros go for a lot more than that at auctions.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not that I could pay that much it's reasonble

:dunno I am with Jim with some of the mopar stupid money at auctions and Camero's prices this is a cheap car for a car with history.