Time to freshen up the 2GC

Bob Core

Well Known Member
Would anyone recommend where to purchace an overhaul kit for Rochester 2GC? I haven't messed with one in quite a while, and that was back when they were as common as Delco points, etc. in the auto supply stores.

Thanks!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Your local auto parts store should have a kit. I bought three kits last year for my 3X2 set up locally.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have been buying some parts from O'Reilleys because they are the only store local to my small town. I use their on line catalogue so I can have the part number with me and not have to deal with the kids asking crazy questions. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to order a couple of oil pan gaskets for 348-409. I like to have some in stock. Seems like a buddy is always calling and asking if I have an extra. Usually order from Summit. Went into O'reilleys and handed the kid the oil pan gasket part number ( FelPro ) and was waiting for the normal response . We don't stock that but can special order. Maybe a week to 10 days and an extra shipping charge. The reason I gave it a try was the O'reilley catalogue said $12,,, much cheaper than Summit. So imagine my shock when the kid looked at his computer and said, " Don't have them in stock but can have them here by 4pm." I said " gimme 'em"... I went back at 4 pm and picked them up. A pleasant surprise.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Be sure the kit that you get has the spring inside the accelator pump, some of the cheap kits do not have this and the ethonal in the gas will shrink the material and the pump will not work. The spring holds the pump plunger open to the sides of the pump well.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s