Update on BA 409

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Good news....one thing went right...well sorta.
I had picked up a set of Comp Cam Pro Magnum rocker arm of the 1.7 ratio that after reading the cam car 15 time found that the cam is ground for.
When I installed them I found that the fulcrum shaft is so wide that the valve spring is almost touching. So I am thinking now what?
Well my buddy Jackson made the trip to my place to pick up some gears for his digger and was showing him around the place and we were looking at my Chevelle and this dime lite light went off in my head....Hey dummy you have a set of Crane Gold rockers on the 509 sitting in it.
So I take one off and try it on the 09 and holly crap they will work. :winner
20170417_175403.jpg 20170413_163533.jpg

Last edited:

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I had the same problem last year. Had a beautiful set of Crowers that ran into the springs. So I bought some Scorpions and my friends big-block roadster (the guy that was at the HAMB race last year) ended up with my rockers. Oh well, lesson learned. Know your trunnion width!!

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Well Rockhound will fill it up with wood working tools and if he is lucky he can get his 65 2+2 mustang in there....and his engine out of my basement.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Well now that the Corvette project is out the door I had a chance to checkout the bottom end on the engine I have been runnin (and everything looks good) so I can put it back in the car and go racing tell we get a fix for the stroked engine.
Now I need to clean up and reassemble the trans and put the car back together.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
That would be an "innie" :) :) :).

Wish I could join in, am heading to KC to attend a Baptism (new Grandson). I need to zip over to Lower Ashland Monday or Tuesday to drop some stuff off, we're bringing some parts for Don Jacks to Bowling Green :).

Hope that tranny upgrade goes well!

Cheers! TomK