USPS

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Several years ago, a co worker of mine was doing a 69 Chevelle SS 396. It had the wrong intake and carb on it, so he found a correct number Quadrajet and manifold on Ebay. He won it, and the shipper quoted him a good price to ship this rather heavy part. Seemed that they had flat rate shipping boxes back then, if it fit in the box it went for around $17.00. The seller sent it that way, but he was home and out front when the letter carrier drove up in his little postal truck and was going to deliver it, struggled with the weight, and asked him"what in the world did you buy this time?". That was a pretty good deal at the time. Not sure if the deal still exists. He should have told the letter carrier that he was lucky that he didn't do 390 Fords. A pair of 396 heads would have been a real joy to deliver, also. Ever notice that the more politically correct an organization gets, the more incompetent it seems?

wristpin

Well Known Member
I bought a Harley Twin Cam engine from Texas. FEDEX got it to my house but then the guy wouldnt unload it. Vicki was here and told him she'd get our 2 wheel cart and help him unload it it. He declined. She said she'd unload it herself. He declined. We drove to FEDEX center in Lincoln and got it ourselves. The FEDEX guy there said it was under their max weight so it should have been unloaded. Vicki informed him they're all a bunch of pussies.

bobs409

Administrator
Ever see this before? I got a lower patch panel for my 66 Chevelle from an ebay seller. Look at the size of that box!! Disgruntled employee maybe?

Before I opened it I thought, they must have shipped the wrong thing. Nope! Shipped with Fedex and even earlier than planned!

DSCN5117.JPGDSCN5118.JPG