VintageDon, '60 Biscayne(s), in Ohio

VintageDon

Hello, all - I've been building cars for around 50 years. (a few more years and maybe I'll know what I'm doing). My first car back in 1971 was a '60 Biscayne, 2 door post, 6 cylinder, 3 on the tree - Suntan Copper in color. In the past few months, I've bought 3 of them (!!!) and shipped then home (see avatar), to build one perfect example - to recreate my first ride... It will be absolutely bone stock, and yes it will be a a straight 235 with a 3 speed. And copper in color. Currently the body is off, the chassis is built but no engine or trans built or installed yet - and I'm suffering through strippin the underbelly, to spray some red oxide. Soon.

1.jpg

2.jpeg3.jpeg

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome VintageDon, we started building cars about the same time. My first build was a 56 Nomad with a 427W/SuperT10, I still have the car. digin your build looking forward to seeing your progress

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site. I was brought up with six poppers (dads cars) 53 bel air three speed on tree and 58 biscayne auto . Wasn't ashamed of them lol.

62BillT

Well Known Member
Almost bought a 235 car once. It wasn't really the Engine, but the Transmission. It was a PG car and I needed a Clutch, lol. The car? A '56 Convertible, Black with a Black Top in Very Good Original Condition. The price? $295. This was in 1968. Wonder if that would had been a good investment?

Welcome to the site by the way.

catdoctor

Well Known Member
Welcome to the site, my first car back in 1971 at sixteen was a black, red interior 59 impala with a 250hp 348 and cast iron power glide. She served me well for several years . I would love to have another one. 59/60 are great rare cars. Keep us posted on your progress. We love pictures.