wanted visitor

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
A couple of weeks ago........TomK posted had he had some unwanted visitors. Well...today I had a welcome visitor!! Ross....Impalaguru...was passing thru KC on a way to his school reunion this weekend. So after spending 2 1/2 hours....I finally let him back on the road.
Ross' driver....63 340HP bech seat 4-speed Impala!!!! Has the chrome reverse rims and small caps and is just bitchin'!!!!!!!!! Alot of original paint and a whole lot of "character"!!! Ross is driving the dream!!!! He can fill you in on all the details but I think this car has close to 190,000 miles!!!! And was only rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago. Small port aluminum intake by OldSkyDog!!!!
He can't make it to Thompson but I was thinking of all of you....I offered to drive his car to Thompson for him!!!! Think I got a decline on that!!!!
Great visit and just a really nice guy!!! Maybe that will get me lunch next time!!:roll:roll
Thought you might enjoy the pictures!!

Attachments

• ross631.jpg
    ross631.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 102
  • ross632.jpg
    ross632.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 85
  • ross633.jpg
    ross633.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 78
  • ross634.jpg
    ross634.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 62
  • ross635.jpg
    ross635.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 86

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Nice!

Phil, thanks for posting the pics of Ross's car.

Ross, glad to finally see some pics of the prize! From the looks of it, you've done a great job of detailing her. I'm sure she is a pleasure to drive!

I'm not sure I'd let Phil take her to Ohio, but I bet he'd take care of her as he barrelled down the road :).

Cheers!
TomK

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Phil, next time lunch is on me!! I had a nice visit with Phil on friday on my way down to McPherson KS. I went to school there and this was our car show weekend. 10th anniversary. My class started it. My car was the only 409 car there and the only Impala! The school restores a variety of cars but there were mostly teens-1940s cars. An Auburn, Packard fastback (way cool!) model T's, model A's, etc.

I traveled a total of 878 miles in my 63 409 Impala that weekend! It's a mix of restored and original. It's a really good car and I like to get it out on the road as much as I can. I think people really like to see these old cars doing what they were designed to do! I can honestly say that I was less tired after all those miles in that car than I would have been riding in my Tahoe. That was with bias-ply tires, too!!! The 409 ran like a champ and got close to 17mpg, in overdrive!:roll

Hopefully I'll make it up to Bloomington, MN in June for the National Impala Association meet. Anyone here going?

Ross

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great looking car Ross....:clap It did look as if the 63' was sitting a little low in the back parked at Phil's.........:roll:roll:roll:roll

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Dan,
Well, with a long trip you do need to take some things with you just in case. I had my travel toolbox, jack, clothes for the weekend. Oh, and I did happen to have 10 gallons of Sunoco racing fuel!! I like to mix it with my 91 octane. For a long trip like that I wanted to be prepared. Not to mention my old, steel Coleman cooler filled with ice and a case of Grain Belt bottles:cheers and one more case of Grain Belt after that one!!
Ross