What are these

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
10 of these spent most of the day with me yesterday. They bite so I didn't spend a lot of time in the bck yard. I know what they are but how about you guys from other parts of our country? AZ409

Kittens 020.jpg

Kittens 023.jpg

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Models, you are right. They are called Javalina here, I have to be very careful going to my garage after dark they are very protective of the young. AZ409

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I like Tripowers assesment. Feed them well and have Cecil bring em to the next shootout, we'll let Fatride roast em. ummummm.:cool:

Ray

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We used to barbeque them when I grew up in Texas. Kinda tough, but cook them long enough and they're pretty tasty. Not as good though, as the wild (formerly domesticated) hogs in South Texas.....lean, delicious, yum!:cheers
:cool:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
They don't grow here. Probably because they would be taxed in this state
robert

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
10 of these spent most of the day with me yesterday. They bite so I didn't spend a lot of time in the bck yard. I know what they are but how about you guys from other parts of our country? AZ409

View attachment 13528

View attachment 13529

We have those type of freeloaders here in Conneaut Oh. They are called welfare recipients! Take away the freebies and they will go back to whence they came :rolleyes:

Richard/SIA

Well Known Member
Those are "Economic Stimulus"! Shoot, bake, barbecue, roast!

Spend less at the supermarket = true economic stimulus.

I make my living producing the means to harvest those.
Just finishing up several suppressed (Silenced) .45 carbines, and I know a couple of them are destined to harvest those exact critters, and their larger cousins. :D

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
With a name like that..........they have to be illegal aliens that have crossed our souther borders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
They are not native to Arizona, the story is some guy brought them here years ago in the back of a chevy truck loaded with 409 parts. Larry

RatVega

All I know is that if you go to Dallas, down by SMU there used to be a place called the Up Your Alley Club that used to feature a band called Boley and Wilson. Their signature song was "Lucy's got a poosey like a Javalina Hawg".

Finally, I understand. :eek:

Rusty Everitt

Supporting Member 1
Hey Rat,
Did you use to live in Dallas ? I use to go to Boley & Wilson's all the time. They use to
pull some pretty rank stuff, especially if there were any blacks in the crowd.
Rusty