Where do I find THIS number?

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I would doubt the factory used a hose clamp on the tach mount. It's not shown in any of my assemble manuals.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I would doubt the factory used a hose clamp on the tach mount. It's not shown in any of my assemble manuals.
I received my new 62 from Capitol Chevrolet in Austin, TX. in December and had waited 17 weeks because the transmission factory was on strike. IT DID come with the tach attached with a large hose clamp and rubber insert. I have told this before, because it was taking so long on my order, the saleman offered to pay for a telegram to the head of GM and that if I did not receive my order soon, I was going to buy a Ford. I had ordered a 62 SS, The car came in Impala. I refused the car because it did not have the bucket seats. Capitol Chevroler took the complete interior out of a SS they had on site and installed it in the Impala. So I had a Impala with all the SS insides and the Impala came from the factory with the hose clamp for the tach. This is true!!!

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I can see that. Dealer was probably supposed to attach it correctly. Is your Sun transmitter mounted exactly where and how it is supposed to be? How about the harness? Cowl tag shows not SS? What does the title reflect. Grab bar? Dealer must have liked you to go through the trouble. One last thing....you are the guy responsible for the factory SS with a bench seat!

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I can see that. Dealer was probably supposed to attach it correctly. Is your Sun transmitter mounted exactly where and how it is supposed to be? How about the harness? Cowl tag shows not SS? What does the title reflect. Grab bar? Dealer must have liked you to go through the trouble. One last thing....you are the guy responsible for the factory SS with a bench seat!
Yes the transmitter was in the correct place and harness, cowl tag was not changed, title still indicated Impala (not SS).
Dealer didnot install the grab bar, I just wanted the bucket seats. I am not trying to make a big deal out of this, I'm just saying my 62 came from the factory with the tach attached with a hose clamp and rubber insert. Yes my family had done business with this Chevy dealer for many years. My Dad owned a construction company and had bought many vehicles from them

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s