Wonderful Morning

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I spent the morning in the local junk yard. He has lots of old stuff. He doesn't crush anything older than in the 70's. I was looking for a 302 GMC engine and I found one that was complete right down to the air cleaner. There was a 1963 Impala hardtop that should give some good body parts. A 1959 Plymouth that had tailfins 4 feet high, so ugly that I want it. a 55 Buick that was perfect on the drivers side but must have been sideswiped by a truck on the passenger side. A perfect 1954 Willys 4 door, good gasser material. I had a real good morning.:D Roy

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Roy, Thanks for cheering me up. Sounded like you had fun. 59 Plymouth ( ugly ) Reminds me of my favorite ugly car . 58 DeSoto. Hope I don't find one, too old and too tired to do one . I sure like them old cars. :) :)

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I know what you mean by those "4 foot high" fins on 59 Plymouths but the ugly award has to go to the 62 Plymouths. My dad had a 62 back then and I would have rather hitch hiked to school then drive it! I couldn't believe it! The love of my life was in the Chevy Showroom and he buys a Plymouth! :bang It was hard getting girls to go on dates when you told them they were hitch hiking to the movies with you! :roll

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I know what you mean by those "4 foot high" fins on 59 Plymouths but the ugly award has to go to the 62 Plymouths. My dad had a 62 back then and I would have rather hitch hiked to school then drive it! I couldn't believe it! The love of my life was in the Chevy Showroom and he buys a Plymouth! :bang It was hard getting girls to go on dates when you told them they were hitch hiking to the movies with you! :roll

More likely the problem was your political party !! :roll :roll :D

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Now I know what my problem is!!!!!!!!!! My dad had a 62 plymouth and I believe it wasn't even a 383 but a lowly 361!! Wow all these years of wondering.
Speaking of ugly though my all time was my mothers 57 V8 Studebaker. Of course in later years she made up for it with a 69 sj 428 grand prix. Dark Green with green woven interior. Would love to have it now. Positraction 3:42 rear also! and HD cooling package.:D
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I'm not so sure. Living in North Carolina in the 60's the girls at Queens College in Charlotte and Meredith College in Raleigh and Vardell Hall in Red Springs were alot of fun while being liberal:D :D :D :D
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I also had a wonderful morning....look what the transporter brought me..I can't wait to try it out!! Robert

Attachments

• Don's Car 002.jpg
    Don's Car 002.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 98

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Dyno Don*

Robert: " I can't wait to try it out " When you do try it out, try not to put your foot in it.:roll I do mean that literally. Isn't that the car that the Nicholson family is trying to get back? Skip:)

Rusty Everitt

Supporting Member 1
NO ! The car the Nicholson family(daughter Cindy) is trying to get back is a 62 Bel Air hardtop, anybody got an update on this???

Rusty