York PA 2008

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Robbed these from Mike Casella's site www.1960belair.com
Mike will be racing there this weekend with Wally Bell and crew.
Lot's of cool ol chevy as well as some not seen often enough cars.
Enjoy!
60.jpg

62.jpg

62motor.jpg

olerel1.jpg

olerel3.jpg

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Mike! This place is PACKED with breath-taking cars! I'll post some more pictures as soon as I get a better wireless connection. The connection I have now is just a tad better than using a string and a couple of cans. The race is tomorrow at Beaver Springs. I have a magazine photo shoot first thing in the morning, then it's all down to business with a match-race between me and Jack Todd's 1961 Ford Starliner. It is being billed as the "Mountain Motor Nostalgia A/FX Match Race". Jack's Ford is powered by a 714" Ford Hemi, and my 707' Donavan. Should be a fun time!

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You know there are a WHOLE bunch of 60 Chevy Fans here rooting for you!!:beerbang
You need come Casella Cheerleaders in little yellow outfits! Do a Jungle Jim and have a Jungle Pam to back you up:D
Even though I respect Wally I just don't think he would look good in a thong :roll

GOOD LUCK!!

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Guys,just back got from the York US 30 Dragway Meet.Been there for three days ,loving the good life.Great turnout in doors and also outdoors.The show was outstanding,many,many beautiful cars,race cars,and muscle cars.Hooked up with Mike Casella,Dick Mackenzie,Alen George,Arnie Beswick,and others.This years show had more 348/409 "W" blocks inside and outside than I've ever seen here before.Heard numerous people talking as they walked away from looking at my car that they believe the 409 "thing" is really coming back strong.Don't we all know that!!!!I 'd say about 10,000 spectators went threw the building through out the day,on Friday probably about 3000 enjoyed the show. Anyway,I took a few pictures,hope you all enjoy!! By the way,I know there's a couple of guys that like Pontiac as well,I included pictures of a few some Super Duty cars.I really like these big body speedsters,so check them out as well. John
(img)
(img) (/img)

This 1959 was a 348,tri power,4 speed car,extyremely nice:

(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here's a couple of those awesome Pontiacs:
(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Couple shots of my 64 Chevy :
(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

Now some of the good stuff!!
(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
More Heavy Hitters:
(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

Dave Strickler Camaro:
(img) (/img)

Just as I was to take the shot,this guy put his head in the picture.I didn't catch it until I looked at the pictures tonight.The nerve of some people !!!(LOL)

(img) (/img)

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Another Super Duty Pontiac.This was a 62' Catalina/Ventura.
(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

A little bit of Bling on this 63':
(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A couple of 1958's,the black car is a 348 tri power car:
(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

These were taken outside the building,nice finds here:
(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dick,said he talked with this guy.This 61' was found in Ohio I believe,sitting for sale in a guys front yard.Car is a 348ci,tri power,4 speed,believed possibly to be the real deal.Dick if I'm wrong about this please let us know.
(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

(img) (/img)

Real nice 61',was originally a 6 cylinder car,now a 348/tri power -4 speed:

(img) (/img)

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
1 last Pontiac:
(img) (/img)

Pretty neat lookin' Rat Rod Truck,love those old flatheads!!!

(img) (/img)

There were massive cars here,probably at least 15 light weight Mopars,and few aluminum front end F**ds as well.More gassers than you could imagine,lot of them from the Ohio,Illonoise ,Indiana area.Maybe Dick or Mike took more pictures,and will post them.This was just a very small representation of our type of cars. John

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
John: Thanks for the photos. Sounds like everyone has been enjoying themselves. I was planing on making the trip up there but had to stay here "on the shore"
robert

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Robert,Dick told me Friday your planning on coming.Sorry you couldn't make it,was looking forward to having you hang out with us for a few hours.This was quite the show again this year.Mike was heading off to Beaver Falls today,the event set up a match race today. Tic,I didn't mean to Hi-Jack your thread,but I thought it would be appropriate to keep all the pictures from the show nestled together under your topic.Mike did mention to me on Friday he had set up a few pictures on his websight and you were going to post them for him.His car and my car were almost next to each other(about 20 feet apart),so we all hung out a bit.It was really good to get some of the guys from the East Coast together. John

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The jars were for people's choice "Best Of Show".All money raised go to the York County SPCA,a great cause.Only thing is,most people to not vote(by putting money in jar,most money wins "Best of Show"),the owners of cars who are trophy hounds usually put sometimes 100's of dollars to win the award.The last few years have all the same winners.The York US 30 Group does give their own awards out,and they are right on track with that.Judging is extremely fair,people who get those awards deserve it big time.!!!! This is one of the better shows in the country,with,all major cars,major owners.Literally all the better AFX Cars,Super Stockers,some Funny Cars,All the major Gassers,Modified productions,Altered,and all the major Stockers from the late 50's to early 70's era.By coming in this building and this show, you would literally learn the history of Drag Racing,NHRA,AHRA,IHRA,and history of the most important drag strips,drag racers,and cars of our time past.Its like going back and living history all over when you hear the stories directly from the people who made the history of drag racing.Well worth the drive even if your 8-10 hours away.I was honored to have been asked to display my car along with Mike inside the building ,and be a participant,and able to attend the show inside and outside the building.I would do it again in a heartbeat!!! John

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tic,I didn't mean to Hi-Jack your thread,but I thought it would be appropriate to keep all the pictures from the show nestled together under your topic.. John

No worries and thank you for all of the great pics you posted with all the info. :beerbang Do I sense a Pontiac SD lover:D Me I love all the old iron:beerbang
Are you filming the match race?
Did Mike tell you about Pappy's Monza sitting next to him?