Z-11 get a good plug

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Might be referring to the "four link" setup?

I'm not a Z-11 expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I bet Phil knows :).

Best,
TomK

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Might have been bigger axles and spiders. They would have puked the stock stuff before they left the line.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The only thing different was the spider gears and axles. You could not order either of those parts without a VIN so Chevy could make sure that they only went back into real Z11 cars. I have also heard the Corvettes had the fine spline spider gears. I have a set of them that I have had for years. Gotta be pretty rare I would think.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
When I found my 61 409 block, the guy had a lot of racing parts including a MT crossram and some NOS cams in the tube. He also had a box of posi parts. I went through them looking for spiders and side gears. The side gears were all 19 spline instead of 17 so I passed. Did I make a mistake?

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Did they all have the extra upper link? I remmeber looking under one and it did not. How many splines did the 8 3/4 Mopar have?

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Mopar 8 3/4 is 30 spline. Early dana 44 with a powerlok reat diff I think is 19. Either of those spiders will fit a factory 8.2 posi case.