Jerry's 62 Impala build

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You are amazzing

:dunno I have to tell you it would have run around all summer long the way it was a nice car before you started and then in the Fall started the trek your on. The end result is it will be done.:bow

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Not much to post as far as pictures.. I have been working on other things and got back on it this weekend. I will be picking up the frame from the powder coater on Monday and repairing a couple small rust areas. the car is completely dismantled. Once the rust repairs are done it will be heading to the paint booth to get a fresh paint job.

Air Ride kit will be here next week and will get the frame put together while the body is getting painted.

:dunno What would that be a Tri-Power setup for it? :D

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, the body is on the rotisserie now. I needed it to replace some sheet metal that was rusted through.
I should have it all finshed by the end of the weekend.
Once the sheet metal is replaced, I will power wash the under side, remove what little undercoating was on the under body and then Red Oxide it.

Air ride Suspension came in today, so I may take a break from the body here and there to install it on the freshly powder coated frame.

DSC_0339.jpg

Drivers front seat brace

DSC_0331.jpg

Patch welded in

DSC_0349.jpg

Drivers floor pan

DSC_0350.jpg

Patch welded in

DSC_0353.jpg

Ground and Primered

DSC_0354.jpg

Driver side rear body mount cut out.

DSC_0337.jpg

Passenger front inner rocker

DSC_0334.jpg

Passenger front seat brace

DSC_0333.jpg

Driver side rear rocker

DSC_0335.jpg

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I know everything is big in Texas.......... but my God those Texan mice must have sharp teeth !!!!!! :roll:roll:roll

............. great job on the repairs Brian !!

Dave

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Nice work there Brian. Very nice.

I need to move to Texas and we need to get a shop to service peoples needs. :cheers

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Guys!!!

Well, I was busy today that's for sure. Gutted out the rust in the passenger rocker and welded in the replacement sheet metal. 12 hours straight.

This is what a leaking heater core can do....

Assessing the damage

DSC_0359.jpg

Cutting out the rust while leaving as much good sheet metal as I can.

DSC_0364.jpg

Replacement inner rocker welded in

DSC_0371.jpg

Inner Structure welded in

DSC_0374.jpg

Coated with Zero-Rust

DSC_0376.jpg

Welding in some more inner structure

DSC_0378.jpg

Welded in the lower fender mount and coated everything with Zero-Rust

DSC_0381.jpg

Outer rocker welded in

DSC_0382.jpg

Outer rocker ground smooth

DSC_0388.jpg

Another view of outer rocker

DSC_0389.jpg

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian................ you're doing an incredable job on that car !!:cheers:clap:cheers:clap

Dave

Thanks Dave. That rocker was definitely a learning experience for me. I got the replacement metal from a 4 door car at CTC and I think I had to drill out over 100 spot welds to get the pieces apart! There is a lot going on inside there.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So when you get the car finished, which one of my Impala's would you like to start on first ?????????????????:dunno:dunno

Dave

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was thinking the same thing about the shop........... With Ronnie doing the engines and you doing the resto I think you guys would be very busy..........

.............I could move to Dallas and be the manager ...........:roll

Dave

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was thinking the same thing about the shop........... With Ronnie doing the engines and you doing the resto I think you guys would be very busy..........

.............I could move to Dallas and be the manager ...........:roll

Dave

Better yet, that shop that you are going to build, you should just build it down here! :D

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
.......... Jim has enough 348's and 409's sitting waiting to keep Ronnie busy for the rest of the year.............. all I have to do is get you two on the bus

Dave

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
.......... Jim has enough 348's and 409's sitting waiting to keep Ronnie busy for the rest of the year.............. all I have to do is get you two on the bus

Dave

It's hard to get Ronnie out of Ladonia, much less to Canada! besides, it's too cold up there.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
.............. to cold my a$$........... remember we're the idiots that were hauling snow 300 miles so the world could ski

Dave