Jerry's 62 Impala build

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
That's a miracle, how did you get both cars in the garage ? What happened to
all that junk in the garage ?

:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll

Cleaned HOUSE! Big improvement since I was there in August! Awwwww and my beautiful 1961 Bubbletop just sitting in the driveway, I'll have to send for a carrier to come get her out your way soon Brian. :deal:crazy

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Just like I was saying to you on Saturday over the phone Brian, 14x6 stock wheels, with correct dog dishes and blackwalls, or those polished torq thrusts. :D;)

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll:roll

Cleaned HOUSE! Big improvement since I was there in August! Awwwww and my beautiful 1961 Bubbletop just sitting in the driveway, I'll have to send for a carrier to come get her out your way soon Brian. :deal:crazy

She would look good sitting next to the Parkwood !!!

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just like I was saying to you on Saturday over the phone Brian, 14x6 stock wheels, with correct dog dishes and blackwalls, or those polished torq thrusts. :D;)

Yep, change of plans... I just traded the 20's for a set of 17" Torq-Thrust II's and 5 - 14x6 JK Wheels. Pics later tonight.

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
J M O
the torque thrust will look a lot better on that car then the :cool::cool:
stock wheels with the dog dish caps:eek::bang:cuss:cuss:cuss

but like I siad earler

J M O
roger

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
First change to the car.....

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks good Brain. I am sure it will be putting a big smile on your father in laws face when you are done.....:deal

62ImpalaSS

Well Known Member
Good looking car But then I have a thing for a six two. Maybe when I finish mine I will road trip it to Texas and we can take a cruse with the 62's

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

I cleaned up the Offenhauser 5492 High Rise Intake and adapted a factory shield to the bottom of it.

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

I had these tucked away in the corner of the garage and completely forgot about them. I think I am going to use these instead of the original valve covers.

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks great Brian....:clap I like those valve covers. I have heard there are some fitment issues with them but I am sure you will figure that out....:deal

ls1wagon

Aww man not another Tow truck motor conversion.:roll Set Jerry up with a powerfull reliable ls power plant.;)

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Looks great Brian. I like the manifold...... well and the covers also.
robert

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry for the lack of updates on this project. I had to go to Virginia due to a death in the family and my youngest sisters wedding. Good and Bad times this trip.

I left Virginia yesterday (driving) at 8:30 am and pulled up in my driveway at 8:10 am this morning. 1500 miles in less than 24 hours! ok, I am a walking zombie right now so if none of this makes sense it's because I should have gone to bed when I arrived instead of checking in here. I do have my priorities straight don't I?!!! :takethat:crazy:crazy

Anyway, I came home to boxes of parts and Phil will be sending the rest out this week. I hope to have the 283 removed and the new 409 in place by the weekend.

Lots to do..gotta get sleep now.