55 Chevy !!!!

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
My neighbor, George Cureton. Funny story about Delaware back in those days. You couldn't flat tow a vehicle unless
it was registered and tagged. A lot of guys registered and tagged their drag cars as trailers. Note to tag with the "T"
designation. A trailer tag in De.

He's a little older now.

George had a little problem!

So, you move on! Bigger & better, Right!

Worked out OK!

Yeah...OK....it's a 56......

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My neighbor, George Cureton. Funny story about Delaware back in those days. You couldn't flat tow a vehicle unless
it was registered and tagged. A lot of guys registered and tagged their drag cars as trailers. Note to tag with the "T"

He's a little older now.

Worked out OK!

I was there in '69, I'm sure that I had to see him run. My brother-in-law and I were there Fri., Sat., & Sun. Came home late Sun. night and I was so pumped up I told Marianne that we had to go back on Mon. She was 7 1/2 months pregnant with Scott, but she was a gamer. Early Mon. morning, her, Steve (3 1/2 yrs. old) and I lit out for Indy with a full tank in the '63 Starfire and about 25-30 dollars in my pocket. Had a great day except when a dragster blew the clutch apart and a big hunk hit about 50 feet from us. I thanked my lucky stars it didn't hit Steve or Marianne. That would have been bad. Made it back home safe and sound and even stopped at a Burger Chef for a meal. What we left home with won't even get a 1/2 tank of gas now. Sorry about the ramble, just brought back good memories. :)

Lonnie

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
yup - was there in 69 as well and remember this car 'cause I was building a
race car at the time but never got it finished...........:cry
bought a new Vette instead and ran in D/SP........:beer

:cheers
bj

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Wow, thats cool. Is he still? What happened to his 56? Coulda swore I saw recent pics of The 'Rose somewhere....

George has been out of drag racing for years now. Don't know where the cars are at this point. He's in to restored Cameros now.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
2248292713_1dc2c6e624_b.jpg

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Love the Nomads. Too bad that one's a 6, but I would take it anyway. Butch can have the gimp.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15

He's a little older now.

Worked out OK!

Hey Dick , A guy just e-mailed me on my fender well headers. His name is Scotty Kerins.
" I need them for Tokyo Rose.I hope you didn't sell them , I am in western Pa. I do not think that's too far from you ." I guess this guy owns Tokyo Rose now.:crazy:dance:cheers

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Dick , A guy just e-mailed me on my fender well headers. His name is Scotty Kerins.
" I need them for Tokyo Rose.I hope you didn't sell them , I am in western Pa. I do not think that's too far from you ." I guess this guy owns Tokyo Rose now.:crazy:dance:cheers

That is awesome Butch!!! It will give you a good feeling to know they went on that car. Please if you can get him to post some current pics and info in this thread. Make it a condition of the sale. LOL

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
designation. A trailer tag i

Worked out OK!

The way George is smiling I bet he thought he got to keep the girl too!