1955-1970 full size-what year is your least favorite?

What year do you dislike the most for 1955-1970?

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 3 1.7%

Votes: 4 2.2%

Votes: 7 3.9%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 20 11.1%

Votes: 12 6.7%

Votes: 18 10.0%

Votes: 12 6.7%

Votes: 75 41.7%

• Total voters

bobs409

Administrator
One oddity about the 67 is the dash board. They went to round instrument gauges for that year but then for 68, went back to the sweep style speedometer.

I wonder why??? :? I think the 67 dash is cool looking but maybe they got complaints?

CarlK60

Supporting Member 1
No offense guys, but if it wasnt for 69s and 70s on that list, 64 would be my least favorite, theyre just a bit blah. Dont get me wrong I still like em and some of them look pretty kick***.
Hey 64SS, are you dissing my bathtub? I dont know how people cant like these cars. Theyre the newest car I can stand to drive. My family drives 3 of these, plus we have 3 parts cars (one is even a state patrol). Although everytime I see a 91-96 caprice I just want to kick in that nasty chrome grille. :eek: I think Ed51 nailed it! :clap

Attachments

• DSCN2194.JPG
    DSCN2194.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 31

62BillT

Well Known Member
I didn't vote as I like them all. Typical, the '64 always gets a bum rap. I never owned one, but I think the '64 is a nice car. The '64 SS has one of the nicest interiors of all the years listed. I'd take a '64 SS 409, 4-Speed, my favorite color yellow, black interior, with chrome wheels and I would have a car that I would be proud to own and drive. My opinion anyway. (If anyone has one and wants to sell it extra cheap because of some of the unfavorablity, maybe someday we could get together) !!

bobs409

Administrator
I don't think anyone on this site can say they hate any of these 16 years of Chevrolet. Remember, it's the least favorite year. That means if you put all 16 of them in order from best to worst, you would vote for the last one on your list. :)

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
bobs409 said:
I don't think anyone on this site can say they hate any of these 16 years of Chevrolet.

I probably could. Hell would likely have to freeze before you could give me a 1970, and if you did manage to prior to that day, it'd be up for sale for used for some fun the next day (and not the good kind of "fun").

Brian64SS

Well Known Member
'64's taking a pounding

The '64 is "FUGLY"?!!

From 6" from the nose to 6" from the tail it's a '63. How can you look at the smiling-face :) of a '64 and not like it? :dunno It's gotta be better than a '69.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
IMO,,, I think the reason the 64 is not liked as much as 61-3 and 65-6 is it lost most of the "sport" look in flavor of a more "luxury" look.

It`s a fine looking car, stand alone, but when you compare it with the others thats when it`s appeal loses out to most.

Somewhere in the forum a while back a member recalled how disapointed he was when they delievered his new 64 after trading in his 62 or 63.

,,,dq

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow those results are very surprisng. I can't believe there are that many people think the 70 is worse then the 69. :eek:
But then everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine, the 59 is the ugliest.

bobs409

Administrator
This poll sure is interesting. I'm very surprised at the way 1970 is taking such a beating over 1969. They are basically the same thing. The front grill and bumper and the rear bumper are about all that's different.

I guess it's because only 1 vote can be placed and 1970 is just a bit less desirable to most. :dunno

Now if I had 1971 and up's listed, I bet things would be alot different. :D That's the year where it all ended IMO. 1970 was the last of the decent body style.

Huggies

Well Known Member
1991 to 1996 caprices may look like upside down bathtubs but I think they were the last good cars GM made... I own a 95 black impy and I have to say this car looks like a beast! I wanted one since gm introduced them in 1994 and was very happy when I got it!

I have to say the last impy I would like to have is a 70... no more ss's but I also think It rimes with the 70's... the years that the impala was even uglier than in the 80's!!!

The one I like the most is the 62... but I have to say that I would kill for a 59!!! the are more expensive, but i'll get one one day... :rolleyes:

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Chevies

I love 'em all :love
Some a little more than others but I don't hate any of them and would never agree the 64 should lead the list :takethat .

At some time or another I have owned, raced or got a story about eveyone on Bob's list :rolleyes:

The likes and dislikes expressed here makes this club the greatest bunch of gear heads I've ever had the privilege to meet :hug

Great thread Bob

BJ :cheers

62BillT

Well Known Member
Bob, The '71 and '72 happens to be a couple of my favorite years. But that's OK, someone even voted against my '62. Getting back to the '64 and no offense to '63 owners out there, but I personally would take a '64 over a '63. BTW, I read what you wrote about our least favorite and I'll reconsider voting. I hate to do it but it will have to be the '70.

bobs409

Administrator
Sorry about that Bill, maybe my post sounded a bit crude. Just my opinion, not worth anything to anyone but me. :D

For what it's worth, I love the way the 71-76's ride and drive! I've had the opportunity to drive and ride in a few of them over the years. Very comfy!!!

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
Un-appreciated years

Bob, I have to agree with you.... The '71 Impala with an LS-4 454 , TH-400 , and GM 12 bolt has all of the components that you need to make a real muscle car out of it... Do some wrenching, put a set of 'Vette rallys on it, a bitchin' pain job, and a Chevelle bucket/console combo in it ... Now you're talking!!!

BTW , I always thought the 64's had that BOXY look to them... The '63s were way cooler, and the the '65s (of course) were the best of the breed...The great year of firsts and lasts. First year for Caprice, curved glass and fastback style roof. First year for perimeter frame , Mark-IV BBC, and TH-400 transmission, but the last year we would see for the old 409.

Not to mention a record year for Chevrolet that has not been equalled since. 2.2MILLION cars and truck produced in one year!

:cool: