409 blower intake

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hang in there. I remember it seeming like such a long wait even though they got here when he said they would. Took about 2 months or so I think. Who'd have known that I'd find a great used set from Dan (Ishiftem) about a year later for less than half the cost? Maybe I should have just waited on the pistons and bought the other parts? Things never work out like that though. It'll all work out in the end. Hopefully the end is near for one of them.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm surprised they needed an exhaust relief with that small of a dome. Not sure if it's just the pictures but they almost look like a "flattop" piston. Will be great for that blown W

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Ronnie, the piston weight is 720. Kinda fat I think. Maybe I should have gotten them lightened some.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
You'll be fine Brian,especially with the rod you're going to use.Most "Endurance" type engines use a somewhat heavier piston for long term durability anyway,and with the extra cylinder pressure from the blower,that's what I'd want.What alloy is that piston,2618 or 4032?

Last edited:

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks,of the 2,the 2618 is stronger/lighter than the 4032[which is what you used in your buddys 383 motor].The 2618 will have a strength edge for your blower motor.