409 blower intake

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I called on a rust free 60 impala 2 door hardtop, but it was sold already. Still on the lookout for a Willys. I called on one of those too, but it needed too much work.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If you use a 409 crank, 6.385" rods, and the KB pistons for 4" stroke/6.135" rods.....they would be the cheapest by far. Aren't they rated at 10.5:1? With the small chamber in a set of 333's I bet you could get close to that 9.5:1 without having to run too thick of a head gasket and killing quench completely.
Not sure but the 333 chamber should drop compression about 1/4 point. Doses anyone have experience on the effect of bigger piston to head clearance on blower motors? Too much on normaly asperated is supposed to lead to detonation???

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have some blower pistons and there is very little that counts as quench, since compression is so low. The 8 1/2's have a slight quench area.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The second set has really deep valve reliefs so the quench area is a little wider. I guess if it's needed, you could do the long slot valve relief like the old Jahns and make it deeper to have some quench.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
There is a '61 Biscayne with a blown W on Feebay right now. Thought you may want to see it for additional inspiration!