"The" Homewrecker

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Way to represent at an "Mopar" event. I'm glad things went smooth on your first time out of the season.

"Ken Kleiner (far lane) in his 1965 Mercury Comet altered wheelbase takes on his son Keith Kleiner in his 1963 Chevy 409." Is Keith a member here? Looks like he likes the Homewrecker a lot. Imitation is flattery. :cool:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I had a good time up at Great lakes that weekend Dan. Great track, nice folks. Glad to see the Homewrecker back in motion. Any new best times lately?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Way to represent at an "Mopar" event. I'm glad things went smooth on your first time out of the season.

"Ken Kleiner (far lane) in his 1965 Mercury Comet altered wheelbase takes on his son Keith Kleiner in his 1963 Chevy 409." Is Keith a member here? Looks like he likes the Homewrecker a lot. Imitation is flattery. :cool:
I don't believe he is. The car hasn't been out in a few years but he has made a couple of events this year. It's good to have another 409 in the group.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had a good time up at Great lakes that weekend Dan. Great track, nice folks. Glad to see the Homewrecker back in motion. Any new best times lately?
10.67 so far. The best 60 ft is 1.43. I'll be out tonight and Saturday and Sunday. Weather is supposed to be hot and very humid so I'm just going to concentrate on the 60 foot times.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ended the year with a 10.54 for a best. That was with a sh!t 60 ft of 1.48. If it hooked it would of dipped into the 10.40s. Also ended the season with a bang! No gears and a bad vibration. Happened when I put it in 4th. Thinking I might of broke the center out of the disc with the vibration and the gear box didn't sound like it was full of gravel as I coasted to a stop. Time will tell.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ended the year with a 10.54 for a best. That was with a sh!t 60 ft of 1.48. If it hooked it would of dipped into the 10.40s. Also ended the season with a bang! No gears and a bad vibration. Happened when I put it in 4th. Thinking I might of broke the center out of the disc with the vibration and the gear box didn't sound like it was full of gravel as I coasted to a stop. Time will tell.
Dan,10.54 That's great :clap what MPH?
Dang sorry to here about the other mishap thou

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Ended the year with a 10.54 for est. That was with a sh!t 60 ft of 1.48. If it hooked it would of dipped into the 10.40s. Also ended the season with a bang! No gears and a bad vibration. Happened when I put it in 4th. Thinking I might of broke the center out of the disc with the vibration and the gear box didn't sound like it was full of gravel as I coasted to a stop. Time will tell.
Congrats on hitting the goal you set for et,sorry bout the carnage.......hope its minimal

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Great performance Dan. What clutch & trans. have you been using, and are you going to repair it , or change to something else?