"The" Homewrecker

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ended the year with a 10.54 for a best. That was with a sh!t 60 ft of 1.48. If it hooked it would of dipped into the 10.40s. Also ended the season with a bang! No gears and a bad vibration. Happened when I put it in 4th. Thinking I might of broke the center out of the disc with the vibration and the gear box didn't sound like it was full of gravel as I coasted to a stop. Time will tell.

Dan, just as a recap, could you tell us what you previous best was last year.
I do remember that you had done a 1.43 60' time earlier this season so you're obviously right that you could have cracked into the 10.40's with a little better traction. :deal
Those times are especially impressive considering your car is all steel.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
10.76 was the best prior to this year. We'll see if a different intake will remove a couple of tenths off for next year. Also will finally ditch the stock 5 blade fan in favor of an electric and ditch the thermostat so I can control engine temps a little better. Right now it's usually 170 but when I can run at 140 its good for a few hundredths.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
10.76 was the best prior to this year. We'll see if a different intake will remove a couple of tenths off for next year. Also will finally ditch the stock 5 blade fan in favor of an electric and ditch the thermostat so I can control engine temps a little better. Right now it's usually 170 but when I can run at 140 its good for a few hundredths.
Just getting rid of that fan should help and your water pump will thank you.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yep, the good one with the bi-metal spring in the front. That one takes the least amount of power, unless of course, it's hot enough to engage. I was never adventurous enough to stick my fingers in there to find out.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Update. No big changes over the winter. Updated the clutch and made a mid plate. Also had the shocks valved differently. I had to paint the door because of a ding. I took the big 409 cubic inch off the fenders and replaced it with 425 hp. Also finally put the 409 emblems on. Also added the lettering on the lower fender.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 116

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Love your car Dan..........
Update. No big changes over the winter. Updated the clutch and made a mid plate. Also had the shocks valved differently. I had to paint the door because of a ding. I took the big 409 cubic inch off the fenders and replaced it with 425 hp. Also finally put the 409 emblems on. Also added the lettering on the lower fender.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
So did you run the car? and why do you think you needed a mid plate? and the paint looks nice

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Yep, the good one with the bi-metal spring in the front. That one takes the least amount of power, unless of course, it's hot enough to engage. I was never adventurous enough to stick my fingers in there to find out.

I was thinking of going with one big or two Electric fans on my 61 Biscayne stroked 60 over 348.
Good or bad idea?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So did you run the car? and why do you think you needed a mid plate? and the paint looks nice
Car ran good. It was the most consistent weekend I've had with the car. I have the energy suspension urethane mounts with a limiter from the head to frame. I have had two sets of mounts Brel the bond between the urethane and steel. It's a safety mount design so it doesn't go anywhere, but I wanted to eliminate any movement. I don't like solid side mounts because of the stress they put on the block, especially since they already have a tendency to crack on the deck.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was thinking of going with one big or two Electric fans on my 61 Biscayne stroked 60 over 348.
Good or bad idea?
I say if you are not mounting the fan against the core, a single is adequate if you have a shroud of some sort. If mounting against the core, dual would be better.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Car ran good. It was the most consistent weekend I've had with the car. I have the energy suspension urethane mounts with a limiter from the head to frame. I have had two sets of mounts Brel the bond between the urethane and steel. It's a safety mount design so it doesn't go anywhere, but I wanted to eliminate any movement. I don't like solid side mounts because of the stress they put on the block, especially since they already have a tendency to crack on the deck.
Cool ! So might you come down to Bowling green :think