Gas on the rise again?

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I remember the, Oil Embargo/Gas Shortage of 1973, very well.:doh I was working, in a Mobil station, by my house.:eek1It was Crazy.:bang Cars lined 1/2 mile up the street. Angry, sarcastic, frightened people.:mad Naturally, us guys pumping the gas were the scape goats.:batGas lines never stopped, until we closed at 9:00. Then, we would turn the lights off, and wait till the rest left. Then we would, fill our cars.:clap More, than the recommended amount.:appl Next day, same shit.:doh Same people, in the line, again.:rolleyes

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
January 1st the State of Michigan moves it vehicle plate & gas tax cost up.
Gas tax goes up $0.19 to $0.26.3 per gal., only 4 states will be higher, Penn., Wash State, Hawaii & New York.

Dave

bobs409

Administrator
I remember the, Oil Embargo/Gas Shortage of 1973, very well.:doh I was working, in a Mobil station, by my house.:eek1It was Crazy.:bang Cars lined 1/2 mile up the street. Angry, sarcastic, frightened people.:mad Naturally, us guys pumping the gas were the scape goats.:batGas lines never stopped, until we closed at 9:00. Then, we would turn the lights off, and wait till the rest left. Then we would, fill our cars.:clap More, than the recommended amount.:appl Next day, same shit.:doh Same people, in the line, again.:rolleyes

Ah the good old days. :crazy :bonkEven or odd inspection stickers...

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I should keep my mouth shut but I'll spit it out anyway. When Bush was in office our gas prices went to $4.00 a gallon. I'm not a Obama fan but I like cheap gas prices.
Now Trump is in office I'm worried were going right back to $4.00 a gallon gas. Time will tell and I hope I'm wrong. High gas prices pisses me off more than anything. (fun haters!):doh

bobs409

Administrator
I would hardly think obama caused the prices to drop. If anything, he would have caused them to go up with shutting down refineries, banning drilling and what not. How about the keystone pipeline, he's against that too.

When gas prices shot up, it was when Katrina hit which just happens to be when bush was in. Since then, it's any damn excuse to keep them high or raise them...

bobs409

Administrator
I remember the, Oil Embargo/Gas Shortage of 1973,

What really pisses me off about this is because of that, automotive cars have never been the same. The end of muscle cars and hello to tin can imports. And worse yet is that now WE make the crappy import type junk! Take the emblems off and you couldn't tell an American car from a foreign one. Why the people accept what they make today is beyond me but they keep making junk and people keep buying it. I can guarantee, I would NEVER buy a new car. More and more crap added every year and the expense to fix in addition to the expense to buy one in the first place. No thank you! $1,500 dollar transmissions, $700 dollar alternators... Then $100 dollar an hour labor because you can't even work on them! (by design I might add)

Ok, gonna take a chill pill now. :chill Good cars & trucks ended a long time ago and it's not coming back.

Gonna go hug my oldies collection now. :)

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
gas went down because of a glut of oil. opec just recently agreed to a output cut. that is why earl is going up. buuuuuuuuuut, the permian basin in texas
is hotter than one of my popcorn farts. they are bring earl up for under 40 bucks a barrel. sooooo i do not believe old earl is going to 100 bucks
like a couple of years ago for a long time. as for obammma, look at nat gas. we are flooded with it. hell some wells are burning it off
because they have no pipeline for it. as of today it is somewhere around 3.50 a unit. it was under 2 bucks a while back. but dictator obammma
said no to coal and the power companies had to switch to nat gas. that is why it is going up.

i believe earl will stay in the 40 to 65 buck range for a year or two unless something happens world wide.
looks like nat gas is in the 2.50 to 4.50 range.
just my humble opinion, course this old hillbilly could be wrong. jim

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I should keep my mouth shut but I'll spit it out anyway. When Bush was in office our gas prices went to $4.00 a gallon. I'm not a Obama fan but I like cheap gas prices.
Now Trump is in office I'm worried were going right back to $4.00 a gallon gas. Time will tell and I hope I'm wrong. High gas prices pisses me off more than anything. (fun haters!):doh
I feel the same way (always have) about high gas prices. When gas is low people drive more, wearing out tires and everything else, which helps all of the auxilliary businesses. We have more money left for travel, groceries, other hobbies, and whatever else. Filling up for $30 is a lot nicer than filling up for $80. :)

Lonnie

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
gas went down because of a glut of oil. opec just recently agreed to a output cut. that is why earl is going up. buuuuuuuuuut, the permian basin in texas
is hotter than one of my popcorn farts. they are bring earl up for under 40 bucks a barrel. sooooo i do not believe old earl is going to 100 bucks
like a couple of years ago for a long time. as for obammma, look at nat gas. we are flooded with it. hell some wells are burning it off
because they have no pipeline for it. as of today it is somewhere around 3.50 a unit. it was under 2 bucks a while back. but dictator obammma
said no to coal and the power companies had to switch to nat gas. that is why it is going up.

i believe earl will stay in the 40 to 65 buck range for a year or two unless something happens world wide.
looks like nat gas is in the 2.50 to 4.50 range.
just my humble opinion, course this old hillbilly could be wrong. jim

Fracking wells in ND are firing up right and left as well. I can now buy diesel from Mandan ND delivered to my tanks for the same price I can buy from the rack in Sioux Falls which is about a .10 per gallon savings. If, and its a BIG if, OPEC honors its own agreement to cut production (they are notorious for over shipping) and crude continues to trade in the upper 40's to mid 50's more and more wells will come online so I really doubt we will even see mid 60's. But just like old grand dad always said, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one......

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
We are absolutely picking up with lots of rig-ups in west Texas. We've actually hired back a few technicians. Hopefully 2017 sees the barrel stabilize ~$60 like the big wigs want and we can't fire up R&D.

Clint

Well Known Member
Several years ago when oil was around 80 a barrel. My brother works at a refinery said that they were selling gas for 1.70 a gallon and they were making.50 a gallon at that price

Clint

Well Known Member
Correct. No taxes it was being sold to contractors in the refinery. I believe that we were paying $3 or more. Not that much taxes.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Gas here in Glendora,Calif. last week was 2.49 a gallon. Yesterday, it was 2.59 a gallon. For us, that's fairly low. For every gallon of gas sold here, 18 cents is federal gas tax, 36 cents is state gas tax, and nine percent is state sales tax. 22 cents on that one.If you're unlucky enough to live in san francisco, they add a city tax of 10 or 12 cents to it. It's the highest cost gasoline in the nation.

bobs409

Administrator
Gas here in Glendora,Calif. last week was 2.49 a gallon. Yesterday, it was 2.59 a gallon. For us, that's fairly low. For every gallon of gas sold here, 18 cents is federal gas tax, 36 cents is state gas tax, and nine percent is state sales tax. 22 cents on that one.If you're unlucky enough to live in san francisco, they add a city tax of 10 or 12 cents to it. It's the highest cost gasoline in the nation.

Wow! PA and CA are the same then.