Coming soon! Ability to OPT out of certain forums...

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob, you are doing such a good job, that I want you to create more opt outs. I want you to personally see to it that I am opt'd out of every liberal and left wing law, TV program, radio programs, movies, etc. Get to work...…….. and hurry please And a tattoo on women is fine, I don't like them covered in them.
Sign me: Suffering in silence in California..... until Bob fixes it.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I also want to ignore/opt out of taxes, mortgages, car payments, neighbors barking dogs, not catching fish when I go fishing, having to pay at the grocery store, car registration and insurance, cable Tv bills, work, I would say mother in law, however she opted out on her own, or time opted her out, still working on that one ect. etc. etc. …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Junky

Well Known Member
I also want to ignore/opt out of taxes, mortgages, car payments, neighbors barking dogs, not catching fish when I go fishing, having to pay at the grocery store, car registration and insurance, cable Tv bills, work, I would say mother in law, however she opted out on her own, or time opted her out, still working on that one ect. etc. etc. …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

You must want to become a drain on the economic system, or what is more commonly known as a welfare recipient. You are only a heart beat away from becoming a liberal. I'll bet that you have a picture of Hillary and Elizabeth on your living room wall.... :hug

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I hate making people think but remember this forum goes back a few years. Look around at the old stuff, and you will find very little about politics. We have all been pulled into the current mess because we care one way or another. Here I'd rather hear about how to get a better 60' time with a 600lbs motor up front of my two door 1964 sedan sporting some cheater slicks. I'd like to pull in as much old school knowledge as I can to pass on to my boys so they may keep the 348-409 family alive after I'm gone. However I am happy to allow people to vent and poke fun at anything all they like because we are all frustrated with how the world is today. Its important that we all let off steam with like minded friends and respect those who don't share our opinions even if they are wrong. LOL! Some people don't have thick skin or a twisted sense of humor and need a way to step away. I'm all for it and thank Bob for his continued efforts to keep our family from driving each other nuts!

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I hate making people think but remember this forum goes back a few years. Look around at the old stuff, and you will find very little about politics. We have all been pulled into the current mess because we care one way or another. Here I'd rather hear about how to get a better 60' time with a 600lbs motor up front of my two door 1964 sedan sporting some cheater slicks. I'd like to pull in as much old school knowledge as I can to pass on to my boys so they may keep the 348-409 family alive after I'm gone. However I am happy to allow people to vent and poke fun at anything all they like because we are all frustrated with how the world is today. Its important that we all let off steam with like minded friends and respect those who don't share our opinions even if they are wrong. LOL! Some people don't have thick skin or a twisted sense of humor and need a way to step away. I'm all for it and thank Bob for his continued efforts to keep our family from driving each other nuts!
Very well said
I think back to the day (10+ yrs) that my brother called me and said that he was on a jobsite and heard of a fella selling a 409, we were to look at it the next day. I went on the web to see what info I could find on how to decode an engine....boom!! Here I am! I could not believe all the amazing threads I could read every day. I'm sure many of you can relate. I think back on so many that are not with us any more, guys like Ronnie, Brian Thompson, Petepeddler, Fred Totten and so many more. I don't recall these fella's talking politics......they just wanted to share, help and keep the sport going, this was the place they decided to invest their time in. I believe the culture of the forum has changed a bit in the past few years. I think it's fair to ask the question.......what is the first impression of someone that comes across this forum for the first time think, compared to my first impression years ago?? Is it possible that younger people checking out the forum for the first time find that it's too much work sifting through the the political posts and are not able to see all of the great content before they leave and possibly not return? I know a couple of old timers that dont check out the forum anymore, they feel the culture has changed to the negative. Just some food for thought, I certainly realize that most here have forgotten more than I'll ever know about these engines and I have so much respect for so many of you fellas. Thanks Bob for all you do!

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I just did the ignore button to opt out of the "everything political" and was amazed at how much better the forum looked on my screen, just car stuff, very nice.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That's a valid point and very well said. Sometimes, not much going on in the car sections and the "Everything Political" allows us an opportunity to share and discuss some views that we might have. I know I appreciate being able to do this. We may not always agree, but are respectful of other opinions. Other sites don't allow any discussion on politics or religion. Might be other area's also. They do have censorship. No cussing or swear words. Some members have been banned for a combination of things. Heard alot about a site called Yellow Bullet and took a look once. Holy crap. That site is not policed at all. Anything goes. "Trashed or be trashed". "The weak are killed and eaten". Yikes :alarmed:alarmed:alarmed. Some definitely do live up to that reputation. Not my thing. Makes this site even better and glad to return to it, Carmine.