Coming soon! Ability to OPT out of certain forums...

bobs409

Administrator
Due to some members not being pleased with the political and jokes being posted on this site, I have purchased an add on which will allow any member to "opt out" of a particular forum. If a user chooses to hide a particular forum, they will no longer see content from that forum show up in forum lists, new posts, or in site searches.

It took a little searching to find such a solution but I think this will please everyone. :hug
I should have this up and running later this morning and will update when it's ready... (after my nap) :deepsleep :laugh4

Last edited:

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Seems like a waste of time and money Bob. If I don’t want to see something, I just look the other way. Kinda like when the credit card bill comes. On the other hand, I sure would hate to hurt somebody’s feelings. :dead At the end of the day, this is your site, and you do a damn fine job of keeping all the animals in their cages. I fully support your decision.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We are In a PC world today where we seem to have to bow down to all sorts things where we just shouldn’t have to. WHY!

So correct if I’m wrong, first they must read a thread to then choose to opt out of that thread if they then feel offended by it! is that not then a little too late.

As per above messaages, we will always support you Bob as this is too good of a site to loose, but when do we say enough is enough!

Gav

bobs409

Administrator
We are In a PC world today where we seem to have to bow down to all sorts things where we just shouldn’t have to. WHY!

So correct if I’m wrong, first they must read a thread to then choose to opt out of that thread if they then feel offended by it! is that not then a little too late.

As per above messaages, we will always support you Bob as this is too good of a site to loose, but when do we say enough is enough!

Gav

Well if the maker of it EVER responds!?! (having issues with it)

It wouldn't be per thread, it would be a whole forum. So if you want to avoid politics (sometimes I think I should too!), then you can opt out of the "Everything Political" forum. Once done, you won't even know it's here. I'll also add it to the jokes forum but I think the others are liked by all.

Now if I can just get it working! I installed it yesterday but when I did, it made the forums disappear for everyone instead of "opting out."

bobs409

Administrator
Just an update: The maker of that addon doesn't seem too concerned about my situation and has offered no help. (therefore, I filed a claim thru Paypal to get a refund!) :roll

On a good note, I found another author of an addon that does the same thing but this one actually works. :D I even tried it out on someone's forum to "kick the tires" and it's just what we need.

Will post again when it's up and running. :gamer

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What Mike said over and over and over. I have seen a few here and there complain about a few things, and the rest has to change for them. It's your site Bob, do what you want. You will never please everyone, and if you try, you will just alienate others. I don't care for women with tattoos. Are you going to ban them Bob? You really don't expect me not to go into the chicks section do you? :dunno2 Maybe its time to change the site name to The Politically correct, non offensive, all inclusive 348/409 board. But wait, we need to make sure all the other numbers not represented in the title don't feel left out, sooooooooo 348/409 plus we want to give a special shout out to 1,2,5,6,7, you guys are great too, and the title in no way diminishes your importance in the world or this board. Opt out :lmao:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2:laugh2

bobs409

Administrator
I don't like women with tattoo's either, they look like they just got out of prison :D but I like the idea of giving the members a choice especially when it comes to the politics forum. Like I mentioned, sometimes I would like to forget about politics myself! About all it's good for is raising your blood pressure. :splat Add to that when I get an idea, I'm like a pitbull so I have to see it thru. ;)

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I've only been a member since last year but I like the way you've been doing things Bob. Hell we all need a little levity ( at least some of us do)in our lives now and then helps you to escape this Ftup world, Plus if we don't pick on the Libatards who's gonna and you don't want to have to layoff the Junkman do you?

Mark

Clint

Well Known Member
I don't like women with tattoo's either, they look like they just got out of prison :D but I like the idea of giving the members a choice especially when it comes to the politics forum. Like I mentioned, sometimes I would like to forget about politics myself! About all it's good for is raising your blood pressure. :splat Add to that when I get an idea, I'm like a pitbull so I have to see it thru. ;)
I am a fan of women with tattoos!

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I feel it's a WASTE of your time and money!!!!
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT......
DON'T LOOK AT IT!!!!! We are all supposed to be big boys!!!! You are trying to change something for less than 1% of us.
I like what Phil and Mike said. No one is forcing you to look at any one part of this forum. Don't like it, don't open it. Move on. There are other things to view. Just my humble opinion, Carmine.