Gas Prices

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Crude oil today is selling for 20-25$ a barrel, at that price gas should retail for about 1$ a gallon. A month ago oil was in the 60-70$ range. WTF. Gas here in northern Ohio was 2.39$ a gallon today around 2.00$ a gallon. The percentage of gas price drop doesnt come close to the drop in the cost of a barrel of oil.
Keep in mind, some of us here believe in free enterprise. So the cost is whatever you will pay for it.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Airlines, hotels, restaurants, bars, who else that was free enterprise will have their hands out for our money? I’m sure the oil companies will be in there too, there sure is a lot of whining up here in the oil patch.
Our gas dropped about 25% so far, diesel about 15%. Our dollar is way down too.

bobs409

Administrator
Cheapest here is $2.90 I don't understand people that are gassing up at more expensive stations about $3.40, I guess they think they're getting a better gasoline:dunno

I see that all the time! These days it's not uncommon to have a gas station next to another gas station :bonkand sure enough, if one is higher there are people buying gas there instead of going to the cheaper one. I have concluded that many people are STUPID. :slap3