WELL..............

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Rick....thanks!!!! The original size is 205/75R15. It is 27" tall inflated. That is the size I'm getting. The 225/75R15 is 28.39". Trying to watch everything!!!!

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Phil, have you looked at these guys for tires? I don't buy a lot of whitewalls, but I did buy two of theirs and they are excellent!
Diamond Back

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
You are correct on '62 being different. Different screw cut? Can't remember for sure.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Regular old swapmeet scissor jack is just about the same size and configuration, just not correct for show. I used to pick them up for about $5, probably $10 or 20 now.
Phil will not be accepted by Corvette people with a non numbers matching jack, he’ll get shot if he shows up with those wheels. They think it better to have a non functional “correct” jack than a functional non correct jack.

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I don't carry a spare ,jack , jack handle, or lug wrench in my C1. It is not a NCRS car. The trunk mat and the plywood cover would have to be pulled up to check it. The regular car shows I take the car to ( pre covid) do not do that. If I did carry a spare, I would carry my electric impact and a bottle jack. The reproduction jacks have that disclaimer because anyone who has used those types of jacks, even the originals provided in many cars back in the day, found that they had a tendency to fold over, especially if the base was on uneven ground and the car not securely blocked.I have AAA and Hagerty, both with roadside assistance i.e. flat bed. If I had a flat tire on the rear, I would have to move a front tire to the rear and put the spare on the front because the spare would be a couple inches smaller than my tires. I would have to carry blocking etc. in order to do this.