PlumCrazy 62 SS stroker Build

fastfreds

Well Known Member
A 63-64 Max wedge Moped ?

Now that is something I would like to see. :roll Especially one with a hood scoop!

Fred

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Repost. We tried everything to make the MT fit under the stock hood and it simply cant be done. We tried a snorkle system with the hats just 1.5" tall and air cleaners off to the side like a cold air intake, nothing would work. Here are some photos of that and the 881 we had to put on for now. Were looking to find a 62 hood to alter and then we can go back to the MT

Attachments

• IMG_0309.JPG
    IMG_0309.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0446.JPG
    IMG_0446.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 2

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Heres some photos of Avery swapping in the 881. We were so bummed....

Attachments

• IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 1

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The weekend of the 20th we had 58Apache come up (Derry) and had a great time. We knew we had an addition to our family for life and that he was serious because he was sprawled out on the motor within 3 min :clap

Lots of learning and just a great guy. He taught us a ton of stuff and helped install all the remaining hard items, plumbing, and almost fired Betsy for the first time.

Attachments

• IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0496-1.JPG
    IMG_0496-1.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0505-1.JPG
    IMG_0505-1.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Yesterday the 4th, after a ton of prep work, smokin wire, she came to life!!! The pit crew of kids were Avery, Alex, Hannah, Cameron, and Joe. You can here them in the background on a couple clips.

We have a some of nickle dime stuff to get done before her first ride like a small water leak near the water neck on the intake, fluid levels, exhaust, alignment, and a half dozen leaks but were all soooooo pumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbkBAhhcabc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW1q-zvmt0g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kViHywMmTTY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7L14W6gInk

Attachments

• IMG_0548-1.JPG
    IMG_0548-1.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 0

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hell Yeah Kurt!!! I know you have been waiting for this day for quite some time. Congratulations!!!!!

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Would have gotten close to this far without everyone here. This site is more than a web address. Thanks again to Ronnie, Derry, Dave, Brian, Tom, Denis, Cecil, Bob, and the crew here Hannah, Cameron, Alex and Avery!!!

More to come. We have a lot of fit and finish work to go and will post along the way....

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ok, list of items were still working out the kinks to.

Few leaks hear ant there. Valve cover, PS, brake fluid in a spot or two but all set, no big issues so far.

Vacuum Booster, Alex did the wiring and I checked but no luck. I pulled the hose off the master and no suction. We jumped it off a heater fuse. Will have to think of something else and let you know how were fair.

The one were worried about is the neck to the radiator on the intake itself. When we bought it I noticed a helicoil in the roght bolt hole and thats where the water is coming from. We tried ARP thread sealent and permetex but its still coming through the threads.:bang.

We are slowly breaking in the trans and rear end by shifting slowly on jack stands. Did it a couple times today and then under her own power backed in the garage. I feel like a new dad.

Next on the list, paint the underside again, fender wells, new carpet and kick panels, sun repop tach, I hate our steering wheel riding on my legs, and possibly going to a show. Yup, we had no intention to going ot a show but went to a couple recently to get ideas and there was NO 409 representation!!! SO, when we get out 348-409 from BOB hint hint, we will put in our window and represent.

Any decal experts? Would love a custom Russel Racing one on my valve covers???? Also a Derry Brown Pit Solutions in the rear window....

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Updates.

First issue is to figure out a starter problem. We made a couple slow test runs, about a mile or so. We were getting some ping on 93/110 mix 2/3rd 93 and was going back to square one by putting back in the stock springs in the distributor. Made a rookie mistake by popping out the distributor instead of leaving it in and had to reset everything back to TDC and 0deg, yup didnt mare it like a knucklehead :cuss.

Unfortunately, when we went to fire it, it was too retarded and the kick back broke the starter (DC Elec mini). Just received the new one and will throw it in and give it a shot.

Overall, the car still had some drag on the brakes, i took the backers off the shoes and made sure there was no pre-load so I hope thats it. Once thats set, will have to make adjustments to the TV cable and hope were drivin!!!. As for the finishing, new carpets showed up and waiting for 5 weeks on a new buffer from Eastwood for all the chrome. Ill post pics asap....

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well, we have timing set and a bit more tuning is needed but I think the mile we put on it today showed a lot of progress. We were busy on our other build but you can see that the kids wanted to make sure "Betsy" could be serious and you can see by our driveway the girls ok, thanks Ronnie.....

Attachments

• IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Such a great thread!

Love seeing people lend a hand as a project gathers momentum!

Hats off to all...