Early vintage W-motor drag pictures

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
28fc9ab51b3403372ac9fe62804a4c83.jpg

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mark, I'm not good with posting, sending pictures, but my daughter is in town for a few months and she can do some for me. and maybe tutor me a little on the subject. I do have a lot of pictures that I would like to share with everyone. The car is pretty much the way I got it in 69 except for the paint, and the motor. I was going to freshen the motor and put it in the 62 Nova in the 90s and was told it would have to be bored from 60 thou. I elected to have a freeze cracked block fixed and bored 60 over. Ronnie and i ran the doodoo out of this motor for years with different intake, carb. combos. I sold the motor way back to a friend who now owns my old Nova. He never did anything with it so I bought it back a few years ago. It's now back in the car again with the same close ratio muncie trans. Im gonna get it going again soon I hope so I can putter around tha neighborhood a little this summer. BT

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
That 58 is still around Chicago. The picture posted is outside of Chicago at Oswego dragstrip. That track closed early 80's. Not sure if I see the 58 at car shows or at one of the two nearby tracks.

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm fairly certain that '61 was Arkansas-based and the track may be George Ray's. It certainly looks cold by those hardcore spectators in the background!