BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
VansAutomobilesImpala_zps3d090335.jpg

Last edited:

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I think that ^^^^^^^^^^ may be the Sanders & Rudolph Z11 raced by Frank Sanders out of Rudolph Chevrolet. The "430 H.P." appeared on the same spot on the front fender of the car. This car has "prepared by Frank Sanders" written on the C pillar. Reportedly it was sold in 1964 to someone numbed Hughes who was in the Air Force in Arizona. Where did you find the picture Brian?

Frank Saunders_Z-11_Sm2.jpg

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Thats the Grey Ghost car, was owned by a dealer at The Sands in Vegas. I have a lot of photos of the car and some of the paperwork. Will post some when I figure out where I put them.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
This thread goes back a way so I'm not sure if I posted this or not. Three good 'ol Cecil County boys!
Bob Wallace on the left. Jimmy Sturgil in the middle, owner of the 409 powered roadster on the right
and Jimmy's Brother in Law Paul Snider, who took the 409/409 out of his 62 Impala to put it in the
roadster!

scan4 Sig.jpg

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Paint John: It has been a long time since I have seen the 61 wagon of Cal Methods. I raced against that car back in the 80's in the time trials if it is the same wagon. Cal use to change cars about like one would change socks sometimes I think. He was always racing stock classes and was always finding cars with the right weight for Cu.inches. Cal sold me his A-1 4200 converter out of one of his cars and it worked good with the 409, 2 sp,, 4:88's and the cross ram. I seen Cal and Mary Ann 3 or 4 years ago.