new to this club.

1962bisqwik

I just acquired a 1962 Biscayne 4 door that is originally equipped with the 380hp 409. it was once owned by Reggie Jackson and sold at Barrett Jackson back in 2008. it is supposedly the only known 4 door Biscayne that came with this engine to still exist. I have the build sheet and documents to show it was owned by Reggie. I even have the personalized plate BISQWIK that it use to have. I love driving this car and will keep it as original as possible. just thought I would let people know where this car ended up if anyone was interested. currently in Fairbanks, Alaska
E58E024F-6E19-4602-AACC-6D778A550B1A.jpeg27802330-D013-4D25-91D5-37CBB51BBD58.jpegE3384B1A-011C-428C-9B65-F9FBB63E54FD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Junky

Well Known Member
Sure is a nice looking car. I also have a '62, and have been looking for some detailed pictures of the spotlight on both inside and outside. Next time you are taking pictures, I would greatly appreciate having some of the spotlight, and the spotlight were it exits in the dash. thanks junk.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to the Asylum!!!
Couple of things: Please do not get wrapped up with the "this car might be the only one to exist in this configuration" There is absolutely NO WAY that can be verified. Chevy does not have any way to keep track of used vehicles. Nor any individual. Is the car rare...probably yes. Do others exist...certainly. I know of one that is exactly like yours from Texas that I have driven. Same color and everything. In fact, the father-in-law of a member here had it maybe 10-12 years ago. He had the car painted in Wichita, KS. Later sold at auction. Originally owned by an oil company salesman. I would like to know who told you that. Your car is beautiful.
Secondly, your winters are a bitch!!!!! Do you go to Chena Hot Springs to warm up???
The reason I know this, my daughter and family live in the Anchorage area. My wife and I are very familiar with Alaska. We love it!!! Next time up, I'd like to meet you!!! I kinda have a 409 Thing!!!!
Best wishes on your car!!!!!
PS: Your car and my Texas car might be the same one!!!!!!

1962bisqwik

Welcome to the Asylum!!!
Couple of things: Please do not get wrapped up with the "this car might be the only one to exist in this configuration" There is absolutely NO WAY that can be verified. Chevy does not have any way to keep track of used vehicles. Nor any individual. Is the car rare...probably yes. Do others exist...certainly. I know of one that is exactly like yours from Texas that I have driven. Same color and everything. In fact, the father-in-law of a member here had it maybe 10-12 years ago. He had the car painted in Wichita, KS. Later sold at auction. Originally owned by an oil company salesman. I would like to know who told you that. Your car is beautiful.
Secondly, your winters are a bitch!!!!! Do you go to Chena Hot Springs to warm up???
The reason I know this, my daughter and family live in the Anchorage area. My wife and I are very familiar with Alaska. We love it!!! Next time up, I'd like to meet you!!! I kinda have a 409 Thing!!!!
Best wishes on your car!!!!!
PS: Your car and my Texas car might be the same one!!!!!!
thank you for the input. my car IS that car from Texas. not really hung up on the only one to exist but just giving it some background. I never thought I would own a true 409 car, especially one so unique and well documented. I got my info from the previous owner and it's the same story that you just said. I even have the license plate that Reggie had on it in California. plus a copy of his title on the car with his signature.

Last edited: