1958 Impala PCV conversion kit

Impala Steve

Well Known Member
I bought a PCV conversion kit from Show Cars Automotive part number 7300 for my 348. Has anyone installed this kit on their engines? If so, how did it run? Did you have to tune the carburetor differently? Did you have to buy an oil breather tube?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I installed the same kit on my 62 SS 409 Hardtop -mine has a long rubber hose in place of the metal pipe.
That kit mounts horizontally into the back road draft hole in the intake manifold.
Does your 348 have a mount in the back edge of the intake manifold pointing toward the firewall -I thought that kit was for aluminum 409 intake manifolds

No change in how engine or carb runs -that kit replaces the factory road draft tube from the back of the engine.
That Show Cars kit replaces the road draft tube and requires a breather style cap(see link below for this cap) on the oil fill tube on the front of the engine to have a breather setup on the front and back of the motor -like the factory did - without breathers in the valve covers

Paul

alexm900

Well Known Member
I bought a PCV conversion kit from Show Cars Automotive part number 7300 for my 348. Has anyone installed this kit on their engines? If so, how did it run? Did you have to tune the carburetor differently? Did you have to buy an oil breather tube?
Depending where the pcv is connected (i.e. center carb base plate for me) it is a vacuum leak changing the a/f ratio, potentially affecting smooth idle and part throttle (wot not so much since pcv closed).