1960 Pontiac Ventura

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Man, it's hard to hide money!!!!!!!! Dan.... very nice automobile, I wouldn't change a thing,
but put a little black on the tires :poke

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Last edited:

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not to steal your thread but this is my '61, if you enlarge the photo you can see that emblem in the seat is the grille in the car. But I've never figured out what the 60 emblem represents.

View attachment 30981 View attachment 30982

The emblem is Catalina specific in the seat.
Not to steal your thread but this is my '61, if you enlarge the photo you can see that emblem in the seat is the grille in the car. But I've never figured out what the 60 emblem represents.

View attachment 30981 View attachment 30982
The seat emblem represents Catalina specific.

Attachments

• catinlina eemblem.jpg
    catinlina eemblem.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 43
  • catinlina emblem.jpg
    catinlina emblem.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 43
  • catinlina emblems.jpg
    catinlina emblems.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 38
  • catinlina emblemss.jpg
    catinlina emblemss.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 40
  • catinlinasss.jpg
    catinlinasss.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 35

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Been working on the Ventura trying to have it ready for Spring. I removed all the stainless moldings as well as the roof rail moldings and back glass. I'm going to paint the top Coronado Red, an original two tone color offered in 1960, then polish all the stainless and reinstall the back glass with a new gasket. The windshield was just put in prior to my purchase so I am working around it. I also pulled all the bright work including bumpers and am dropping it at the chrome shop in the morning. Also have the interior gutted, front seat is being fixed with original materials as well as door panels. No one is makeing seat covers or door panels for this year right now so I am fixing what I have. The new items I can get I ordered from Ames Performance, carpet, kick panels, package tray, headliner, trunk mat, trunk sides cardboard. Also the wheels I picked. Here's a few pics.

20150106_141127.jpg 20150106_141146.jpg 20150106_141246.jpg View attachment 31748

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Wish I had one of those when I was growing up. Then I'd have a reason to find one for my collection!
Love those tail lights :) :) :).

TomK

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Nice car, Dan.:clap When I was a teenager, I had a friend that had a blue one. He would rev it up, and we would watch the drivers side side fender lift up, from the torque.:brow