1961 348-350 paperwork

fsc66

Well Known Member
Anyone have an original window sticker from a 61 348-350 tri-power? All the ones I have come across so far are reproductions. I am working on a window sticker for a member who has a documented car short of the window sticker.

Thanks,

Paul

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
He has another window sticker manufacture, you supply him the information and he sells it to a customer. He took the time to PM me when I questioned him on cost. Not a pleasant conversation but if you look on the internet you can see that he goes to all the sites, Chevelle, Camaro, Corvette, etc and gathers the information to make up window stickers for resale.

fsc66

Well Known Member
Yes, as stated I am working with a forum member on reproducing a documented 1961 Car.

Paul

fsc66

Well Known Member
A pretty uncommon and obscure Chevrolet Dealership from Nyssa, Oregon:

Attachments

• Nyssa Motors 11-24-1960 AD.jpg
    Nyssa Motors 11-24-1960 AD.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Nyssa Motors 11-10-1960 AD.jpg
    Nyssa Motors 11-10-1960 AD.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 49

ragtp66

Well Known Member
Probably no help but your more than welcome to use this for future reference. My Dad purchased this 64 409 425hp brand new. The funny thing is 2 years later he traded it in on the 66 chevelle L78 396/375hp both from same dealer. If you look close he traded in his 59 Impala convertible on the 64.

Attachments

• 64invoice.jpg
    64invoice.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 66invoice.jpg
    66invoice.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 40

fsc66

Well Known Member
All thse are a great help, thanks for posting. Just looking for a window sticker for a high HP 348 to see how it's listed on the window sticker. Dealer invoices are great but the sales person just typed what was generally in the car and abbreviated what he could also.

Paul

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Those shouldn't help the cause much but I really don't understand why anyone would help someone make fake Window Stickers. We know that this group with all their knowledge can't document a car to be correct without a build sheet or Window Sticker to go by.

fsc66

Well Known Member
Not everyone is lucky enough to have their original windows sticker or other documents for their own cars. Sure, there are unscrupulous people in this business who unfortunately build clone cars, re-stamp engines, get falsified trim tags, have fake documents produced and then try to pawn off their cars as originals at 3 times the value of what they should be. Anyone that partakes in these ventures hopefully ends up where we would all want them to be and there have already been cases of arrests due to fraud based on the above issues. In my hobby/small business, prior to me taking on any high valued or rare cars, I share the information with what we would consider the experts in each model's field to ensure the cars are either documented or validated cars. Not just Full size cars, but Corvettes, Chevelles, Novas, Camaros, etc. Other companies may advertise that they do the same but if you look around the web, you will find many more super rare cars than were ever produced, so please be sure before you purchase any very rare cars, you have a professional review all the documentation, Vin tags, Trim tags engine stamps, etc. to ensure you are purchasing an authentic vehicle. I would be happy to help validate any window sticker for any Chevrolet Models between 1960-1970 to help out. Additionally, blank window stickers are readily available and I regularly assist others with prices if they cannot find them posted anywhere else and I'd do the same here. 35 years ago, I typed up a window sticker for my own 1966 Impala SS that I still own today. It makes a great display in a car show and most car judged car shows require a list of options in the vehicle.
Now, if you're lucky enough to own a Canadian built car after 1963 you could always go to:
http://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/options.html to get your car's information. NCRS is providing original dealer info and build dates for certain models also:
https://www.ncrs.org/services/historic-document-service.php
Hope all this information helps.

Paul

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Didn't the dealer print and attach some of those window stickers? Or, maybe the factory printed on dealer format blanks that allow for the logos and such. I see a lot of different variety for the same years. Or, different format from different factories?

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
On the question of fake window stickers. If you are buying any car as legit based on a window sticker, you are going to run into problems pretty quick. I don't see any problem with the window sticker any more than a Car's repo interior or Coker Firestone red-lines.

fsc66

Well Known Member
Window Stickers did not change by Plant, only formatting, abbreviations and some other items did. In 1969, the Corvair Blank was different than all the other blanks, which is a tell-tale way to see reproductions as all retailers sell 1 blank for not only 1969 but combine that with many other years which is also wrong. Corvette blanks also will be found to be completely different than the rest for 68-72 at least. Usually you will see Yenko Logos copied and pasted onto copies of original Chevrolet window stickers which are all fakes. Yenko did have some of their own window stickers which you can see if you google that item. Most of the High Performance company's like Yenko, Nickey, Baldwin, used their own dealer invoices to sell their finished products to the public. You will see some window stickers floating around from when the car was originally sold to one of these dealerships. This Yenko WS is closer to what Yenko used:
http://image.superchevy.com/f/90534...ootout+1969_yenko_chevelle_window_sticker.jpg . I have attached what is one of the more common fake Nickey WS's that are sold on ebay also.
Paul

Attachments

• Nickey Window sticker.jpg
    Nickey Window sticker.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 26

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
FSC66

I know you are missing the point of what I am saying but anytime a real Window Sticker is put on the internet it is there for you or any other people to manufacture a Fake. You say you have documented the car you are currently working on but I doubt that you are more capable than some of the people on this site to spot a fake. I looked on the internet and see that you have copied the build sheet attached to the top of Corvette gas tanks, not sure if you are doing this for other build sheets or not. You say that everyone has the right to have a spare build sheet or Window Sticker, making a spare would indicate the have an original that they can copy. Documenting the Xframe cars is difficult at best. Giving people who produce documentation copies certainly gives the potential to falsify documents. I looked at a 61 SS last year for a member which was fully documented and had the correct casting numbers. As you would expect it was a fake but looked real. People join this site all the time to announce their new purchase only to find out that it doesn't add up!

I don't think it is a coincidence that the information you look for on websites is for cars that are rare and expensive. It is sad that documentation is produced to dupe a buyer and hopefully at some point the people who produce documentation for this purpose become part of the lawsuit or legal action. It would be nice if all the cars manufactured by GM and other manufactures for that matter could be 100% verified but at this time we don't have that available to us.

Last edited:

fsc66

Well Known Member
I agree also, I wish there was a way to verify all cars through GM similar to what is available in Canada. Never said spare window sticker, Then it would all be easy, just validated or documented. And yes, I agree, I cannot be an expert on all models nor all cars and that is why I partner up with the experts in each of their own respective fields to ensure fraudulent cars are not further documented. I don't expect this to be a large business by any means because I turn down as much business as I accept. Unfortunately, as we have already discussed, the people making the big money in this field are the ones that are party to doing the wrong thing.
Same with Vin, Trim and block re-stamping.

Paul

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You should have one small error in your reproductions, so smart people can know they are reproductions. I have no problem with someone having a brand new window sticker, as long as it is obvious and won't fool anyone. When someone takes a good reproduction and makes it look old with tea stains etc. and uses it to sell a fake car, that's something else.

Don

fsc66

Well Known Member
Anyone can contact me anytime if they want to check and I'd be happy to tell them if it's one of mine. I already have a few restorations companies who have asked and who I also help determine if the paperwork they have is original.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Darn!!! I wish I had kept all my original paper work/stuff. :doh But, at the time, it seemed more important to drive it, and race it, and pick up chicks. At that time, no one kept a car much over 10 years. Who would keep one forever???? But now its "until death do us part". Hope it ain't the car first.:pray

But all is good, caught the wife, got the car, got 2 keepers.