1961 Biscayne project in Fargo ND

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I see a slick / lightweight front bumper bracket hiding in that shot. Very nice. I used to have that exact seat and cover in my '61. It matched beautifully, but was too uncomfortable. I used to drive my car much more in those days. Together with the brackets it was only about 20 pounds lighter than my '63 SS bucket so I went back to that. Now that I hope to race my car a little more, maybe I'll go back to it. Sure makes mounting the harness easy and it offers some support for your neck as well as keeping you from sliding around.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I just listened to the video WOW!!!!! that engine sounds AWWWWSOOME now I'm going back and read the whole thread
thanks for sharing that.........I mean AWWWWSOME!!!!!:bow

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian:
Did you install solid aluminum spacers between the frame and the body? If so did you make them or is there some place you can buy them, I've tried S&W Race Cars, Chassisworks and Global West.

Steve
PS: Any word on headers?

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That 61 is really starting to look bad! The color, the slicks and the top makes the car looks short and chunky, I'm liking it!
Steve

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian:
Did you install solid aluminum spacers between the frame and the body? If so did you make them or is there some place you can buy them, I've tried S&W Race Cars, Chassisworks and Global West.

Steve
PS: Any word on headers?

Hey Brian, any input on Steve's question regarding solid alloy body mounts?

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Finishing up a few things on the 61 Biscayne this weekend i installed the rear fiberglass bumper going to hold off on the front bumper till the front end is aligned and still waiting on the hood scoop should be here this week I hope :grumble I might be ready for some test & tune next weekend:pray and yes I will still have to paint the hood & lower valances
IMG_0186.JPG IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0187.JPG