1961 Biscayne project in Fargo ND

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Battery still in the front Brian!? How come you didn't relocate it to the trunk as ballast?[/quote
Jason, I will need the ballast up front:crazy I just like the look of the battery up front on both my Biscayne and I did not want to put switch in the back :rub I like the ignition switch anyway:hide

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Brian,looks awesome...best of luck with test and tune,looking forward to seeing hood/scoop :beer
Ps.09 looks awesome!!!!!

Last edited:

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Beautiful job Brian, I like the stance and the big back rubber looks perfect. Be interesting to know what it weighs when its complete.

Don

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Beautiful!! Sure wish I could get our old white Biscayne back. PLEASE tell us all how you painted that fiberglass bumper. If I hadn't read that it was FG, I'd have thought it was a stock chrome bumper in the pictures. Looks incredible!!

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Brian,
Stunning car and impeccable craftsmanship.
Great looking car! Should be a monster.

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Which one of the fiberglass companies do you like Glasstek or VFN. I was looking to loose a little weight up front but wasn't sure if there was much difference in the quality of their products. I don't know what it is about this 61, but when the white paint and the wheels went on it started looking like a bad to the bone race car. Your workmanship is incredible. I never dreamed I would like the looks of a 61 but this car has changed my mind! Good luck with your test & tune Brian.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Which one of the fiberglass companies do you like Glasstek or VFN. I was looking to loose a little weight up front but wasn't sure if there was much difference in the quality of their products. I don't know what it is about this 61, but when the white paint and the wheels went on it started looking like a bad to the bone race car. Your workmanship is incredible. I never dreamed I would like the looks of a 61 but this car has changed my mind! Good luck with your test & tune Brian.
I have the VFN bumpers on my 61 and 62, Glasstek only makes the front bumpers for 62 chevy and nothing for the 61:grumble

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Jason, I had the bumpers done at Alternative Chrome in PA very close to Carl Bucks place
WOW they look fantastic!! I haven't ever seen plated FG bumpers......I figured there wasn't any kind of paint that would look as nice as that first picture showing the rear bumper. These other pics sure make that an understatement.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Brian, Way Kewl:cool:, Wait with anticipation to see what the numbers are with its first run. When will this be by the way!

Gav