1961 Biscayne project in Fargo ND

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Brian, what process was used to strip the paint off. Thanks, Barry
I first use air craft paint striper to take the first layer of paint and primer off theni 80grit D A sand Then 120grit DA sand and all the areas that i can not D A sand, i sandblast with fine sand:coffee

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Today i finished painting the frame. I did add a lower trough for the one pc drive shat and some lower control arm brackets and also reinforced that aria added some global west upper control arm braces and adjustable pan hand bar should be good for some high HP:crazy

mopar 262 (Small).jpgmopar 263 (Small).jpgmopar 264 (Small).jpgmopar 267 (Small).jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have started :crazy the restoration on the 61 insane Biscayne project and the trim tag has trim 800, paint 963, I was going to paint the car Emine white with a Red interior? Or Blue interior?:think
Although I see they did not make Emine white with red interior combo for the 61 Biscayne, Your thoughts
Brian,
I thought I would throw this out...:think What about 940 Sateen Silver with Roman Red Interior. You never see that combination and it is spectacular...:brow Guess it did not matter what color your Biscayne was it came with gray or gray and white interior...:cry

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
She's looking good! :beer
Watching this project is going to make the winter pass a little quicker. Keep up the good work.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Brian,
I thought I would throw this out...:think What about 940 Sateen Silver with Roman Red Interior. You never see that combination and it is spectacular...:brow Guess it did not matter what color your Biscayne was it came with gray or gray and white interior...:cry

I'm with Dan, that would look killer going down the track:beer

Quik9r

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Have all the block sanding done. I put one last coat of high build primer on and will 400 wet sand before paint. I also sealed the bottom with red oxide sealer, and just need to paint the dash before painting
mopar 273 (Small).jpgmopar 274 (Small).jpgmopar 276 (Small).jpgmopar 275 (Small).jpg

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Great work Brian, looking forward to seeing it finished. And by your progress it won't be long. :beer:beer

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Brian..................you still got your day job???????????????? Just askin' by how fast your progrees is. Don't look like you even go to work anymore!!!!

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian,the car looks great,will be awesome looking when your done!!! Great Job!!! John:clap

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Brian..................you still got your day job???????????????? Just askin' by how fast your progrees is. Don't look like you even go to work anymore!!!!
Hay Phil If i had your job:D I would have had the car done by now!!