1961 Chevrolet Parkwood "OLD GOLD" 108k original miles

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Finished up my "Mood Lights" this morning. Drilled out "5" 1/8" holes underneath the dash to accomodate these single l.e.d. lights. The lights are very subtle and will give a nice effect when driving at night. I had to shoot photos from underside of the dash since they are not seen when sitting in the car.

Passenger Side
Photo0350.jpg

Central (Right of A/C controls)
Photo0349.jpg

Below ignition (right of hazard flasher)
Photo0348.jpg

Driver's side
Photo0346.jpg

:grumble:

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Looks good Seth....:clap:clap:clap

Thanks Dan. I went through the rest of my stuff this morning and noticed that the kick panels and material to recover my armrests are the wrong color. They sent me Light Fawn on both and my original kick panels are dark fawn as well as the armrests. O'well, I'll live with it.

Anyways, I just finished installing my freshly polished door panel mouldings for the front and rear panels. I also punched out holes for new door knob ferruls. All the panels need now, is punchouts for the armrests, cranks and door handle.

Photo0351.jpg

Photo0352.jpg

Photo0353.jpg

Photo0354.jpg

Photo0356.jpg

Photo0355.jpg

Photo0357.jpg

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
That is slick:clap:clap:clap
anyone looking that wasnt really into these wouldnt know it wasnt factory

Thanks Steve! :)

Need some help here fellas,

I'm looking for a stainless moulding for the rear door panel (lower strip). It measures 23 and a half inches end to end. Anyone that has a lead to one or is holding, please let me know. I am missing one. You can see it in this photo. I believe Biscayne cars used this type of moulding as well. Although, I am not certain on the length. Thanks.

Photo0359.jpg

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Thank you Dan for resolving my stainless interior moulding issue. Decided to use a pair of stainless mouldings that are 1" longer than the one that I have and will work out on my panels fine. :clap

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thank you Dan for resolving my stainless interior moulding issue. Decided to use a pair of stainless mouldings that are 1" longer than the one that I have and will work out on my panels fine. :clap

Seth, got your moldings packaged up and will go out in the morning mail....:deal Question.....:? Why are those door panels so short.....:roll:roll:roll:roll

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
So, my 350 has running a tid bit hot, but not puking or bursting. I decided to purchase a Brandnew 4 row US radiator and mate it with a Black Magic 180 X-treme puller fan as I normally do on my 61's. Another project to add to the list. :crazy:cool:

Skim

Well Known Member
Thanks Steve! :)

Need some help here fellas,

I'm looking for a stainless moulding for the rear door panel (lower strip). It measures 23 and a half inches end to end. Anyone that has a lead to one or is holding, please let me know. I am missing one. You can see it in this photo. I believe Biscayne cars used this type of moulding as well. Although, I am not certain on the length. Thanks.

Photo0359.jpg

i think i have these from the first white 4 door i parted out

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Photo0366.jpg

Photo0367.jpg

20 piece chicken mcnuggets about to get color treatment Saturday.

Nearing the home stretch. However, a lot of hours to go. Planning on refinishing the entire dash next weekend and cut and weld in the new floor pans. Lastly, the beautiful upholstery will be getting wrapped on the seats while the floors are getting done. Big change coming to the interior!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Lookin Good....:clap:clap:clap Hey Seth I just finished up a 23 piece chicken McNuget refinish.....:deal

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Lookin Good....:clap:clap:clap Hey Seth I just finished up a 23 piece chicken McNuget refinish.....:deal

Thanks Dan. I've got the big rear panels to prep and spray base/clear on as well. that's another 8 cumbersome panels to attend to as well. :doh

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
After prepping was finished it was time to lay two coats of base followed by three coats of high solid clear.
Photo0388.jpg

Photo0389.jpg

After the second pass of clear, one more to go....
Photo0391.jpg

Photo0393.jpg

Photo0398.jpg

Finally baked after three coats of clear. Truly, a dazzling color in the sunlight. I will definitely keep this color in mind for another project.
Photo0400.jpg

Photo0403.jpg

Photo0401.jpg

Photo0402.jpg

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Photo0406.jpg

Photo0407.jpg

My replacement lower control arms rebuilt with new moog ball joints, cross shafts and bushings. Lowers were stripped and painted single stage gloss black.

ls1wagon

Photo0406.jpg

Photo0407.jpg

My replacement lower control arms rebuilt with new moog ball joints, cross shafts and bushings. Lowers were stripped and painted single stage gloss black.

Remember leave those bump stops off so it will set on down when you lower it.:deal