1961 SS car I'm building

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tommy is right in that they would be a different vendor and should not be a "canadian thing Only" but we have noticed over the years in the Canadian wrecking yards that the bulk of them were solid. A few wrecking yards located near the military bases in Ontario used to end up with a lot of west coast (BC) cars due to transfers in personal. That is were we used to get a lot of are one piece bumpers from of the west coast shipped and delivered cars that endd up in Ontario.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have seen lots of the solid grills and think I may have a set. All I have seen were painted black in the back ground.

Car is looking fantastic Pat...:brow

61cruizer

Well Known Member
My Biscayne was built in Cal., and it has solid headlight rings. Two other local cars I know, both have solid versions, 1 Impala, 1 Bel Air. Go figure. Maybe just a change to a cheaper way to build the part at some time in production..

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Jody, had to go back to the body shop!!! As we all know black paint is not the easiest to finish. We had a couple of spots to correct, shop backed up with real work:) :)
Anyway, got the paint finished and now finishing the exhaust and that's it.....FINALLY next week!

Dear Pat,
Have you got a camera?
if not, Im sure Phil could send you one with any spare Z11 parts that he still owes you
Then if you would be so kind as to post the best 200 or 300 photos of this car (or any others in your collection)
We would all be so grateful:D:pray

Steve

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Dear Pat,
Have you got a camera?
if not, Im sure Phil could send you one with any spare Z11 parts that he still owes you
Then if you would be so kind as to post the best 200 or 300 photos of this car (or any others in your collection)
We would all be so grateful:D:pray

Steve
All he "owes" me he really doesn't owe. Just returning to its 3rd owner.

Regarding photos, I would love to post a bunch, the various restorations have been a lot of fun. I'll put a few here and then more in the next few days....ok if some are not Chebby??

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_1732.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

RESTORATION UNDERWAY

IMG_2068.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

1964 Logghe, A Fuel car

IMG_3385.JPG

1927 Ford Speedster, old race car from the 1930's

IMG_3318.JPG

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Awesome Pat.
Keep them coming.
Next time we are over we have to add Texas to the trip I think.

Steve

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9