1962 Bubble Top Clone.....lotsa fun !!

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This is a 62 clone car that was an original hard top car that we picked up from Ronnie Russell......now it is not a show car but it IS a really fun cruiser that gets lost of looks, especially with a 409 stroker built by.....who else.....Ronnie himself.

The car was in pretty rough condition when we picked it up, but was a perfect body to stick a bubble roof on and drive around and have fun with !!!

Has a 409/400 tranny but still running a peg leg rear end, posi is in the future for her.

Engine will be coming out later this year to go into the coupe (12 year project....and a whole 'nother story) but think we may get another 409 for her at that time.
All of the trim pieces,bumpers, front and rear came off a donor car in a wrecking yard....except for side trim....wallet was opened for that.......took a little elbow grease but it turned out OK.

We have not gotten door glass in it yet........so it is highly suggested to wear a jacket on early morning cruises !!!IMG_2513.JPGIMG_2510.JPGIMG_2512.JPGIMG_2511.JPGGetAttachment.aspx.jpegIMG_2568.JPG

-SimpIMG_2513.JPGIMG_2510.JPG

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
That's why we come here.......a lot of quality people,with a common interest in a great engine/cars

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had these steel wheels for the coupe....with the rubber on them....and budget did not allow me to go buy new stuff when I had these sitting around.
I really like the old style steel wheels and hope to get a set of dog dish caps for them soon.
Stance is just stock suspension and shocks (all rebuilt) with 205/70-15 on the front and 255/70-15 on the back....gives it an old low look with a little rake.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
I have taken my '62 Impala on quite a few road trips, some 700 miles, and the car really is a pleasure to drive. Like you said, just kinda floats along. Plus, there is an incredible amount of interior room in these cars compared to the average car nowadays.

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yep....the color is something we get compliments on a lot........we had restored a 1979 Jeep CJ and this was the factory color on it.... we had some left over and decided to paint the firewall to see how it would work.....ended up , to me, to look like a color that actually could have been a factory color back then......turned out great.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Looks menacing. I think that I would forget the hubcaps. Great job!!

Lonnie

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I think, that color is pretty Kool.:clap:clap Maybe, Chrome Trim Rings on the wheels.:dunno