1962 Bubbletop old school look not valuable

gbafus

Well Known Member
I just read through this entire thread. My response......."To each his own, said the man who kissed the cow!":cheers

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
classic car website for slaes

Hello,

ebay is ebay, I've sold a couple cars on the attached link. Most folks viewing know what their looking for and the price they want too pay with cash. One of the folks came a 1000 miles and trailered one car home!!!:clap

Very nice looking car place it on the attached website and the 44,900.00 will probably come true!!! Good Luck and Happy Holidays from the Sunshine State :cool:

http://www.cars-on-line.com/

Ted

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Hey Bob, have you ever considered taking the 409 out of the Chevelle and putting it in the 63?

I already know the answer, I and others have asked before.
NO. it is not going to happen.
But I will let Bob tell it in his own words.

Bob,.....your'e up!

I'M FROM A EARLIER GENERATION AND I'M WITH THE BIG WHEELS AND AIR RIDES, BUT I LOVE ALL STYLES OF CARS. DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERNT FOLKS :cheers

Attachments

• Picture 816 (Small).jpg
    Picture 816 (Small).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 45ed_3 (Small).JPG
    45ed_3 (Small).JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 52
Ever since I was an ankle biter I dreamt of one day owning a peice of Chevrolet drag racing history, the most influential (just my opinion) Chevy EVER, a 1962 409/409 Bubbletop. To me the shape of the car looks like its doing 100mph just standing still!!!!!!!!!

With a lot of luck, many years later this dream became a reality. The thought of selling or cashing in on my 409 Bubbletop just doesn't compute. If your in it to just make money then maybe you should be wheeling and dealing on another site. I realise every body has an opinion and we are all in it for our own different reasons,......................but when making money becomes the priorety.........talk to my hand. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

chevytaylor

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

PETE-STA , I love the look of your 60'...:clap :clap :clap

THANK YOU SIR, I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT.

I NORMALLY GET BASHED, BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THE CAR ORIGINAL OR BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE HYDRAULICS AND 13" WHEELS ON THE CAR, I'VE LEARNED THAT YOU WILL NEVER PLEASE EVERYONE, BUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE HAPPY WITH YOUR CAR, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. :cheers :cheers

bobs409

Administrator
Hey Bob, have you ever considered taking the 409 out of the Chevelle and putting it in the 63?

Considered it a few times but quickly rejected it. Main reason is I like the '63 the way it is. The 283 just purrs so quiet. Car is "virgin" so making major changes does not excite me. First it would be the 409, then the transmission, then the rear, etc, etc.

Car had all lady owners and I have all the documents. Car is also a plain jane. Only options were powerglide and power steering. Not even a radio! In addition, I got this car when I was only 14 so it has sentimental value now too. I can still smell the crisp clean Nov 1st 1981 air! :)

I wouldn't mind finding another '63 some day to build into a 409 clone and putting a 396 back into the Chevelle but it's highly doubtful that will ever happen with todays prices and odds of finding these locally but you never know...

Bob

way2lo2

I just read through this entire thread. My response......."To each his own, said the man who kissed the cow!":cheers

That pretty much sums it up. These are both mine, equally nice cars, both for sale but I don't expect as much out of the stocker as I do the custom car.

Attachments

• 63belairturq_007.jpg
    63belairturq_007.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 66