1963-1965 409 Reproduction Alternator Bracket

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Looks good. Almost like it should be there. Is the top brace supposed to go to the upper waterpump bolt or the hole in the head where you have it? I think I have seen it both ways.:dunno

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Looks good. Almost like it should be there. Is the top brace supposed to go to the upper waterpump bolt or the hole in the head where you have it? I think I have seen it both ways.:dunno
Brian, Good question on the brace. That was a chrome plated piece I picked up at a swap meet about 15 years ago and painted it black. I think the assembly manual does show it bolted to the head. I was really impressed with this mount. IT IS HEAVY DUTY and the pulleys lined up perfectly . I am going to go an inch or two longer on the belt to get the alternator away from the valve cover.:beer Leo

Last edited:

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks great Leo. I think with a slightly longer belt you will be in great shape. I just staple the belt tag to the inside of one of shop cabinets so I never have to measure it again. Walk in the store and tell them the part number and walk out haha. I really like the Gates belts. Cost a few bucks more but mine looks brand new still. As you are right the pulley alignment is spot on with this bracket. If they would make one with the holes predrilled for a 409 they would have the market cornered. No better option for a 409 with headers that's for sure!

Aqua409ss

Well Known Member
Jason i really liked what you have done with the lower bracket... i found a shop over in Nevada selling them on ebay us.
He is trying to charge me$330, bracket and shipped to Australia ???:roll

Can i get any help on getting one over to oz from someone??
:cheers