1963 ACC codes

Deanlow

Hello Chevy guys
I am looking at buying a 1963 chev Impala SS .And i want to ask for some help please? can any one help me decode the cars ACC codes? I would like to find out what they all mean.The codes are F X C K M Y , The trim code is 843-Z all i know is the Trim is blue SS but what do the acc mean and what is the Z with the trim code for? Can any one please help? all help will be very apprecieted.

Kind Regards
Dean

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Dean,
It's hard to say exactly what those codes stand for. Each assembly plant used a little different coding. There are some codes posted on the 348-409 home page here...
http://www.348-409.com/acc1.html
And here
http://www.348-409.com/acc2.html
Verne Frantz from the New Jersey Late Great Chevy Club can decode those codes for you. There is a charge for the service.
My advice, though, would be to look at the car as a whole. If it appears that nothing has been changed, and the options that are on the car look to be factory installed, then you should be OK.
Ross

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Dean,
That car was assembeld in Janesville Wisconsin. My first car was also made in Janesville and had an ACC line that read EXCKY. It had a padded dash, factory AC, power windows, AM radio (front fender antenna), and was a powerglide. Mine was not an SS. Does your car have some of those options?
Those codes mainly stood for various holes that would have had to been cut or punched into the body at the Fisher Body plant for the corresponding options.
If the car is from Janesville I'm guessing it's in the mid-west somewhere.
Ross

Deanlow

Hello Ross
Thank you for the reply.Did you see the pic Bob posted for me? Thanks to Bob foe his help.This car has Factory AC, Power windows,Paded dash,Bumper gaurds frt & rr,Rear antena, Possi traction, I think it has tinted glass but im not sure? What does it cost to have the codes De coded?
Dean

Deanlow

Hi again
I for got to mention this car also has power brakes,power stear, 327 p/glide , seat belts, floor mats,I have been sent from the owner a photo of a option list .

Dean

Deanlow

Hello 1958 delivery
Thanks for the reply.Yes this car has bucket seats and a console.I like your Chev very nice.