1963 impala z11 409

impala1966

i have been looking for a 1963 impala for years and i came across one a guy claims to be a z11 409 with an aluminum frontend..................i know this is a rare car, and the guys asking price makes me reaaaaaallllllly wonder if the car is what he says,.....but i do not know what to look for to ensure the car is what the guy says it is...........a simple magnet will give away the aluminum fenders but are there any numbers on the firewall or engine that will tell me anything about the car?????

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
wrong!!!

NO BOB....go to bank first .....then go to the car and put them to the test!!!!!:deal :deal

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Where in Ohio are you. Might be able to help you stay out of trouble. Is he price over 100K???????? better be, or it's a clone or a dupe.

Fred.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
more help

And if the car is in Ohio...and it's over $100,000....be sure to take Fred with you.....HE CAN AFFORD IT!!!!!:D :D

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
same league as.....

Now Fred...don't be so modest. I know you sell real estate...so that puts you in the same class as Donald Trump!!!!

Doesn't it??????

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My financial statement wouldn't be a dot on his! You couldn't find my #s with a magnifying glass next to his!

Fred

Va348

Supporting Member 1
SS425HP said:
My financial statement wouldn't be a dot on his! You couldn't find my #s with a magnifying glass next to his!

Fred

What he owes I bet you would not be a speck on his statement !

Dale

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Trump's new book

I am buying Donald Trump's new book ("How to Get Rich" or something similar to that), as he promises that anyone who reads it will get rich. Actually I am buying it for my 21 year old son, who really does want to get rich. I plan to ride his coat tails, read the book, and become wealthy as well. I will let you know when this "richness" occurs :)

My plans for my new ill-gotten monies are to first purchase one of the original five 1963 Corvette Grand Sports (about a million if you can get one of those guys to part with one), then a 1963 Z06 Corvette with a racing history. After those I will look for an original 1962 SS with the aluminum front end setup. After that I'll pick up a real 1963 Z-11 :)

Isn't the future worth dreaming about?

Reality check: Now if I could just get the monies together to finish my existing projects....

Cheers!
TomK

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tom Kochtanek said:
I am buying Donald Trump's new book ("How to Get Rich" or something similar to that),

Cheers!
TomK

Tom, I think the only ones who get rich are the authors of the books !!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Not all of us

dq409 said:
Tom, I think the only ones who get rich are the authors of the books !!!

DQ: I wish that were the case! I have one book out (2002), and several chapters in other books (1988 and 2003), but the checks are pretty small compared to Donald J. Trump's earnings, for sure! The check I did receive recently did cover the cost of a C.A.R.S interior from Phil Reed, so at least it went to a worthy cause :)

I'm saving the next one so I can have Tony Shaffer build my 1962 QB block into a stock-like configured 409/409HP. Bit by bit, these projects will come to life!

I'm done contributing my fair share to the academic/scholarly game, time to build 409s!

Cheers!
TomK

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
books, etc.

I'm done contributing my fair share to the academic/scholarly game, time to build 409s!

Did you have a hand on the Whistlestop project? (Found references to it while I was snooping around your site directories at the University). I finally found the answers I was searching for regarding Truman and his decision to use the bomb. Some people I know consider it a 'snap' decision on his part. Of course, it was not so and they are hard to convince, even with proof in front of them.
It's a great site.

:cool:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
That's me!

Wrench asks: "Did you have a hand on the Whistlestop project?"

That would be me! I am the Principal Investigator on the project, and my Design Team has 3 really talented Web and Database programmers who do the operational development. The site now has some 15,000 documents digitized, and we recieve some 6-7 million hits each month.

Basically we take primary source documents selected by the Archivists at the Truman Library and Museum, digitize them, then do minor editing and write the code to put them up within the Truman's pages (www.trumanlibrary.org/). Most of our good stuff is under this link: http://www.trumanlibrary.org/collect.htm
but we do other pages as well. Whatever the funding agency asks for, we design!

We do this for less than $100K per year, and this covers the DB administrator, two programmers and part of my salary at the University of Missouri-Columbia. I don't get paid "extra" for the effort, as I am salaried and my costs are "fixed" (paid for by the University). So what we do is go out and get grants (I have others) to cover our costs, which makes us beloved by administrators above us :)
Wish I could get a penny for every 1000 hits the site receives, but since the Truman is a government entity this would be frowned upon (and illegal, I suspect!).

Thanks for looking at the site. Now you guys know a little more about what I do during the week (more than my wife or kids!). They just think I'm on Ebay or the 348-409 site all the time (which is partly correct!). Basically I just sit at home in front of a screen all day, as all my classes are Webbed as well :)

Cheers!
TomK

oil4kids

Well Known Member
Truman Library

FYI TOM

When i went to medical school in Northeast Missouri, I had spent plenty of time studying at another Truman Library (Truman University)which used to be called North East Missouri State University,(NEMO) I was amazed at there historic collections. I would ride my bike over to that library since it was such a beaituful campus. I was the editor of my school newspaper and used some of the historic material at the library
for my paper.

Mark

That would be me! I am the Principal Investigator on the project, and my Design Team has 3 really talented Web and Database programmers who do the operational development. The site now has some 15,000 documents digitized, and we recieve some 6-7 million hits each month.

Basically we take primary source documents selected by the Archivists at the Truman Library and Museum, digitize them, then do minor editing and write the code to put them up within the Truman's pages (www.trumanlibrary.org/). Most of our good stuff is under this link: http://www.trumanlibrary.org/collect.htm
but we do other pages as well. Whatever the funding agency asks for, we design!

We do this for less than $100K per year, and this covers the DB administrator, two programmers and part of my salary at the University of Missouri-Columbia. I don't get paid "extra" for the effort, as I am salaried and my costs are "fixed" (paid for by the University). So what we do is go out and get grants (I have others) to cover our costs, which makes us beloved by administrators above us :)
Wish I could get a penny for every 1000 hits the site receives, but since the Truman is a government entity this would be frowned upon (and illegal, I suspect!).

Thanks for looking at the site. Now you guys know a little more about what I do during the week (more than my wife or kids!). They just think I'm on Ebay or the 348-409 site all the time (which is partly correct!). Basically I just sit at home in front of a screen all day, as all my classes are Webbed as well :)

Cheers!
TomK[/QUOTE]