1963 SS Impala hubcaps

Ive got a 1963 Impala SS convertible. Just purchased what I thought were NOS hubcaps for it.
Ive read a bit about them and the Part number and its super confusing that no one actually has the right answer.
Seems like the part number used for the 1963 SS hubcaps also used for the 63-65 Nova and also the 67-68 Camaro.
They had the same numbers but different color rings. Double black rings, single black rings, or Argent silver inner ring and stainless outer ring.

What I can gather is that the 63 Impala SS had the silver painted inner ring and the Nova had the black painted ring but I cannot find anything that proves this.

The Part numbers on the NOS boxes are both 3871174 and 3827419, ill post a pic of the boxes and the hubcaps.

Does anyone have the proof as to what is what? I guess I could paint the black out to be silver and remove the black outer ring back to stainless

Any help much appreciated.
Andrew
IMG_4466.jpgIMG_4467.jpg

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
IS that Nova cover for a 13 or 14 inch wheel? A lot,if not all 63-64 Novas ran 13 inch wheels.

Junky

Well Known Member
Many times, with NOS parts in opened boxes, the original part is removed, and a substitute NOS part is inserted that looks close to the original, but sells for less. You have to be very careful when buying NOS parts from people that you don't know. Most people are honest, but unfortunately, the few bad apples poison the entire bunch. I am super careful, and I have been burned a couple of times, because I didn't check closely enough.

Many times, with NOS parts in opened boxes, the original part is removed, and a substitute NOS part is inserted that looks close to the original, but sells for less. You have to be very careful when buying NOS parts from people that you don't know. Most people are honest, but unfortunately, the few bad apples poison the entire bunch. I am super careful, and I have been burned a couple of times, because I didn't check closely enough.

Thank you, yes I think this is what happened. Luckily the guy is a good friend and he trusted what was in the box, he is hunting me some NOS ones down now as we speak.