1974 Hot Rod

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Found this picture of Me and my first REAL drag car. 1974, I had sold my 69 Nova street/strip car and bought this 57 and a new pickup for towing. Got a 454, 4 speed and 4:88 gears and went somewhere in the 11s. Kept it till mid 80s then sold it to by my current 62 Belair. Maybe should go in the jokes and funnies section? I used to carry a comb back then.

Attachments

• 57_chevy.jpg
    57_chevy.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 211

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
by the way

Oh, I didn't even flinch at taking a saber saw to that mint 57 2Dr. Ht. low milage rust free Belair. Tossed the stock parts in the trash. What was I thinking?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have seen a picture of that guy before!!!!!!!! No, I was thinking of the Nick Nolte mug shot.......:roll :roll :roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
when I get home I am going to get rid of all my early 70's pictures so someone doesn't find one and post it here!!! i have one from the 70's working on my old 66 vette that might be worse, even has butt cracks!!!

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What a great idea for a new thread..... Pictures of members with their cars from the old days. Exactly what models posted. Wished I had taken some. Might be able to find something. Something to do during the winter months. Dont be shy. Lets do it. ;)

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
My turn

I want to go first. Hopefully this will work. You should see a picture of me from back about mid seventies next to my 54 f__d car hauler.

Attachments

• me and the hauler.jpg
    me and the hauler.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 136

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
another one

I don't mean to be a hog, but I have another picture. This one is of my camaro on the trailer just before leaving for Utica-Rome dragstrip. It's september. I just got my converter back from A1. Found out they were having a double points and payout that night. I had never been there before. I had a good night too. We went to the finals. Didn't win though The year here is 1974. The truck is my Dad's 68 F__d and a borrowed trailer. Enjoy

Attachments

• Camaro and I going to UticaRome.jpg
    Camaro and I going to UticaRome.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 161

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I always stay on on the other side of the camera! :roll

Here's one of the wife sitting on the BelAir right after I got it.

Attachments

• 62_belair2.jpg
    62_belair2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 168

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have seen a picture of that guy before!!!!!!!! No, I was thinking of the Nick Nolte mug shot.......:roll :roll :roll

Naw,,,,,,models avitar says it all !!!!:roll :roll

Don`t have any car photos but this bike one might work !!:eek:

Attachments

• Resize of bikes2.JPG
    Resize of bikes2.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 130

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Somewhere in 1971

Much too much bike for me at the time. 1970 Kawasaki 500 triple 2 stroke.

Attachments

• Kaw500.jpg
    Kaw500.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 107

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
My new ride in 75

My new 1975 TA racing a 74 Chevy 454 pickup. I might have won this race.

Attachments

• drag.jpg
    drag.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 106

mpris

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm having a hard time seeing the starting line lights in that photo and look at all those cars driving so close to the drag strip.

Poocho:roll

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
:roll :roll I was gonna ask why the broom was sticking out the Trans Am's window. :roll :roll After I looked closer, it looks like a street sign. :dunno :roll

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Mosquito Control

Most people thought the 500 cc (H-1) was a streetable bike.:clap As soon as you cracked the throttle wide open, you found out otherwise. The H-2 was the real killer machine. They would stand up without warning. One minute your hearing ying, ying, ying and the next thing you know, you're hangin off the back.:roll :roll