2012 Fred Totten Memorial 409 Shootout.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Good Morning the day after !!!! Sorry I haven't been posting, but I beeen having soooooooo much fun, I just fell into bed at night ! I have plenty of video and lots of pictures, I'll put someting together as time allows. It was another great event and as always nice to visit with everyone and get re-connected. Sure is a great bunch of people, well worth the drive to get here.

More to follow
Bill

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Glad you had a great time:beer, of course I'm jealous. Thank you for picking up my shirts, I can't tell you how much that means.Wife was actually looking forward to going this time, thanks to meeting Linda. Had I known it was just the throttle body worn out on my suburban we probably could have been okay to go. As it turned out I was able to go junk yarding Saturday and discovered my steering column for the 58 was wrong and able to get the correct one. Guess stuff happens for a reason. Safe travels to you and everyone on the return home .

Ray

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
thompson1.jpgthompson2.jpgthompson3.jpg thompson2.jpgthompson3.jpg thompson1.jpg

Attachments

• thompson5.jpg
    thompson5.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6
  • thompson4.jpg
    thompson4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 7
  • thompson6.jpg
    thompson6.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 7

wc chevys

Well Known Member
I want to thank Ray and anyone else involved in getting this event together...sorry for the guys that ran into some bad luck,like Bo!...I think one of the best races was during time trials when Jim in his Phantom 409 55 chevy gasser lined up with the Blue By You 56 chevy gasser(that is blown small block) and posted a quicker time

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Back home in Ladonia at 4;45 pm, this afternoon. A great time , for sure. Hope everyone gets home safe and sound. As soon as everyone has time to rest some, I'm sure there will be many pictures posted as well as untold amount of exaggerations( lies)........ Thanks to everyone who made our trip such a wonderful experience.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
My uploads were too big for the Server, You should be able to click or copy and paste this link to your address bar. It should take you to my Photo bucket Album. Link~ http://s1153.photobucket.com/albums/p510/codeman51/

Cody, you can post your photos from Photo bucket to this thread. Click on the IMG code under your photo to copy, then paste the photo to the thread, like this

026_1.jpg

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I'll start with a few shots from Saturday when the cars were getting lined up for The Shoot Out. Hang on, I have over 60 pics, so here's just a few with no text :).

Enjoy!
TomK

Attachments

• Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 004.jpg
    Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 004.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 006.jpg
    Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 006.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 007.jpg
    Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 007.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 008.jpg
    Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 008.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 009.jpg
    Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 009.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 18

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Here's a good one of Jim and Jim racing side by side in the Phanton 409 and the '61 Pontiac.

Also a shot of one very happy Jim with his new Bob Walla aluminum block #1 slated to be built to 800+ horses and installed in that 1961 Pontiac.

Giddy up!

Attachments

• Jim and Jim.jpg
    Jim and Jim.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 033.jpg
    Thompson Drag Raceway 2012 033.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 15

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
This is what Clyde Waldo's 55 Tbird looked like after the Frito Lay truck slammed into him. We hope that he and his wife are OK long term. I know it hurts short term...

You might want to look away after first seeing this...

Attachments

• Clydes collision.jpg
    Clydes collision.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 11

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Here is Brian Fugate, winner of the Shoot Out in his 1963 Impala.

Attachments

• Brian Fugate.jpg
    Brian Fugate.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 8

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Here's a good one of Jim and Jim racing side by side in the Phanton 409 and the '61 Pontiac.

Also a shot of one very happy Jim with his new Bob Walla aluminum block #1 slated to be built to 800+ horses and installed in that 1961 Pontiac.

Giddy up!

MAN !!!! I sure love that 61 Pontiac :hide
Ken..............

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ellen & I got home a few minutes ago. In spite of the damage, the old bashed up 409 powered 55 T-Bird with the new 700R4 transmission ran fine - the only problem is the gas tank & filler neck is bashed and can only get about seven gallons of gas in so made frequent gas stops.

Hope others got home OK.

Tired so going to bed.