2017 Dodge Demon

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks for sharing ........cool car......... hard to believe in this day and age they would paint themselves into a corner with the car that is such a niche market.......... but I definitely applaud Mopar for pulling it off........

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Dodge,of all people,should know the safety rules that must be applied to any vehicle that runs in the 9's,production or not.How Chevy ,Ford,or anybody else gets cars like the later model "COPO" Camero's,and the equalivant Mustangs certified into any "Stock"or "Super Stock" class is beyond me.

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
Why would it not be classified as " stock " if the factory assembled it ? The general public may have not known about the procedures to get an order through ( sales people didn't do their home work ) but big as life they came off the car carrier. Same with L-88s. Limited knowledge on 67s and 68s but three years into the system , 1969 the word was out. Anyone interested would be able to step up and sign the order form.
Have no idea what Ford has done. Don't follow or buy their products for the prior four decades. Chrysler needs to rally the old followers of the glory days. Now that " Fix It Again Tony " is the leader of the brand the fires have to be rekindled. Barring a few models ( Cummins trucks, Challengers, ) the remainder of the fleet isn't on the best seller lists or top value guides. I have viewed Chrysler 300s, Intrepids, and Chargers at give away prices. I believe they have a good product. They need to bring back customers that migrated to alternate brands.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Its not allowed to race on NHRA tracks due to lack of safety equipment (roll cage) since its a street car after all. Up to the customer if they want to put a cage in it and make it a dedicated race car! But to me, its cooler that its a street car! THATS what the COPO and Cobra Jet Mustangs lack!

409envy

Well Known Member
Sorry but the Exorcist is NOT a production vehicle, with a warranty sold off the showroom floor so there is really no comparison... The Demon is pretty much the baddest thing to ever come out of Detroit. And as far as being banned from the NHRA that is a bit of a misconception. You can go to any NHRA sanctioned track and run just once... then you have to either go to another track or put a cage in it. Bravo to Dodge either way! I am tired of the OEM's pushing all these self driving econo box P.O.S cars on the general public. I see way more Challengers and Dodge trucks on the road and the numbers back that up. Hope they keep it up!

wristpin

Well Known Member
I've always loved MOPAR first and individual vehicles of chevy's, pontiac's, ford's, mercury's etc next but I see this as the return of the Heart and Soul of Muscle Car Lovers. Big Brother, Uncle Sam, Al Gore and the rest of the Horsepower Haters tried to kill what we love but We All Survived. Come on Ford and Chevy...lets see what ya got!! :burnout