2017 Dodge Demon

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
do the mopars still have that high pitched squealing starter, and does it still rattle going down the road, like in the 60's. jim

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Mopars were just ahead of their time. Most cars have squealing gear drive starters now, except for the Fo*d junk that sounds like it came off an old tractor!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I was at a friends house, back in the early sixties. A 57 Dodge pulled up, in front of her house and stalled.:doh It was raining. For the next ten minutes. De, De, De, De, De, De, De. Pause. Some Mopars didn't want to run when the weather got damp. De, De, De, De, De Pause. De, De, De, De. Ruh, Ruh..:dunnoDead Battery. Guy came back later, and tried again, but it wouldn't start.:dunno2 Car sat there a couple days, then it was on the hook, on the way to Chapman's Garage.:roll

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was at a friends house, back in the early sixties. A 57 Dodge pulled up, in front of her house and stalled.:doh It was raining. For the next ten minutes. De, De, De, De, De, De, De. Pause. Some Mopars didn't want to run when the weather got damp. De, De, De, De, De Pause. De, De, De, De. Ruh, Ruh..:dunnoDead Battery. Guy came back later, and tried again, but it wouldn't start.:dunno2 Car sat there a couple days, then it was on the hook, on the way to Chapman's Garage.:roll
Must have kept raining? Those old Dodges wouldn't run if a dog Pi**ed on the wheel.

The quality of almost all Fiat Chrysler vehicles is pretty low, if gas goes up and trucks/suvs stop selling in huge numbers with big markups, they will have issues. But that doesn't seem to be happening. They sure make a lot of crap cars and the price after 1 or 2 years is half the new price. But I do like the styling of the Challenger and Charger and the V8's have a lot of power.