34 tri power

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I always loved the tri power on my 65 Goat with it's mechanical linkage.The vacuum units on the 64's just felt kinda flat to me.It's kinda like the difference between a vac.sec.carb and a good double pumper.

427John

Well Known Member
Vacuum is for show this is for go
So you are using the stock long link on the pass side to connect the outers right?I've always liked the idea of a setup like that rather than the big bulky job the aftermarket setups use on the pass side.Could you provide the measurements of that link if you fabbed it or the source if you bought it?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
purchased this correct carbs and intake from a member here for 700 View attachment 89651
That middle carb with the vacuum valve on the driver side. Better hold on to that valve if its good. We had to fork over more money then I care to mention to get one at work. The car was beautiful but wouldn't run right and we traced it back to a rotted check valve in that thing. They don't make those things that I know of. There was a complete set up with the correct carbs at GreenField Swapmeet here in Iowa last year. About $550 but the guy was cheap on another tri-power for a pontiac too. Should have bought everything but I'm not a big fan of tri powers.

427John

Well Known Member
I've seen some wildly different prices on the tripowers at swapmeets too,I don't know if its dependent on what is missing,what year the system is (pontiac),or how motivated the seller is.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've seen some wildly different prices on the tripowers at swapmeets too,I don't know if its dependent on what is missing,what year the system is (pontiac),or how motivated the seller is.
It also depends on how completely accurate all the parts are, most people we see here asking about their tripower they just bought find out quickly they don’t have tripower carbs.