348/409 Eliminators Future

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The dates have not been set yet but have been the last weekend of August this year and last year. Yes definitely more than one. The Dover reunion is the end of Sept. I plan on attending it next year. Super Chevy is the last weekend in July should know in the next month if that is still a go ( Decent event and we get in free)

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I liked the Super Chevy, you could bracket race if you wanted and always run the exhibition rounds. You didn't have to go home after loosing first round, that I am real good at. :facepalm
It just wasn't in the finance to pull it off the weekend after the Meltdown Drags this year. I will work on that next year. :good
I will tow a long way for a full weekend but for a bracket race......that's 3 1/2 hours to are small town track or even closer to St Louis. ;)

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Sounds like we have the N & E wrapped up. :appl:appl:appl
So let;s work on the W & S.
You guys on the West coast, how far?
Will you go over the Rocky's?
I would have to work on a mile high tune up, if me met in the middle. :D

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
That convention in Great Bend was a blessing. It was really nice to have a national event within reach. Remember all the ‘western’ cars that showed up for that? A bunch!! Would I like to go to dragway 42, or Thompson, or beaver springs, or...?? Hell yes. Will that ever happen, realistically? No. Work dominates my life, and I can only tell em to f—- off for a couple days at a time. The closer the better. Topeka, KC, Tulsa, MoKan(!!), Amarillo, Albuquerque are all about a day’s drive from CO. The further west the better.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I would have to work on a mile high tune up, if me met in the middle. :D

Well, bandimere’s out. Slowest track in the country. Would never ask you guys to travel 1000 miles to go a second slower and take a back seat to a bunch of bracket nonsense....How about Julesburg? Very similar to MoKan, opened in 1954. Right on the Nebraska border 3000’ above sea level, Po dunk for sure, doesn’t even have boards at the big end. Just win lights. There’s an event called the Hot Rod Revival out there that a friend of mine started 3 years ago, mid August every year. A 409 group would be VERY welcome at that event. No pressure, just sayin.