348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
What is the link to the registration web site?

FIRST DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got the website up any running...barely!!!! Just the pictures are correct...don't pay any attention to the rest of it.
your new address for ALL Convention information.......... www.348409natlconv2.com and new email address is 348409natlconv2@turnkeymail.com
I'm pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just copied from earlier post Dick
Was going to photo shop it but dont know how

Steve

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
You can put your information into the Registration Form, but you cant send it or save it to your computer. It would have been real easy to do it that way.
Im not one to complain, there doing all the work, keep it up .
:love1

Sounds like I may be attending as guest w/ Charlie Kuenster & his 409 59 Impala. Two reasons I want to come...1. Sounds like a great time & show/race. 2. I'm going to make up a poster for my 4-sale 59 El Camino 409 powered NSS'er. Obviously I'd be better to bring it all down there, but it's a bit far for me particularly pulling an old open trailor w/ 71 Chev 1/2 ton (also for sale).

Biggest reason for me posting. I know people (Phil) is putting in a ton of work, but have 1 more suggestion. I haven't been following this blog closely till this am looking for specific info. It has grown to 32 pages w/ everyone's replies, etc. It would be nice to have a specific site to go to with JUST pertinent info. Cost, etc. Ask people to stay off that site and add their "gonna attend" info on this site.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Biggest reason for me posting. I know people (Phil) is putting in a ton of work, but have 1 more suggestion. I haven't been following this blog closely till this am looking for specific info. It has grown to 32 pages w/ everyone's replies, etc. It would be nice to have a specific site to go to with JUST pertinent info. Cost, etc. Ask people to stay off that site and add their "gonna attend" info on this site.

Dennis...that's exactly what is going to happen in the next couple of days. It will just be Convention Registration info and Track Facts for coming in. The Convention thread has over 30,000 hits and 600 posts. Lot if important info buried in there. Want to try to simply everything.
Thanks for your concern!! Glad to hear you are coming!!!!
Phil

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!
It's not nice to brag about one person and not all the rest but I got a phone call this afternoon that will probably make everyone happy!!!! The person was walking along the beach with his lovely bride and said "Phil.....we just can't stand NOT being in Great Bend!!!! So, we are flying home early FROM HAWAII and getting in the motor home and bringing the 61 Fleetmaster to Great Bend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They want to come and meet everyone!!!! So...Butch and Debbie Schultz...409fanatic to some.....will be attending!!!! This is awesome that so many people will get to meet them and see his car!!!!
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT BUTCH!!!!

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
That's great. I was talking to him last night and he really wanted to go to Kansas but he didn't want to spoil their, long planned, Hawaiian vacation that Deb had been looking forward to. Butch, you got one helleva woman. I'll be talking to you.
Paul

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Well, I'm ready to roll. Last Sunday I was working on the car trailer and realized 3 tires were balding and the 4th was marginal. On Tuesday I had all four tires replaced. The trailer is ready. Today I replaced all 4 tires on the drive axle of the motorhome, the old ones were date coded '05. The new Toyo's are mounted and balanced and ready to roll down the highway.

I can't wait to hit the road.....all 1700+ miles - one way.

Paul

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks Phil. I Hope the ole car is not a disappointment. I know there are a bunch of prettier 409's than the 61 for it is really plain looking and tons of them are surely faster by far but anything with a 409 in it has always received our attention for 40 years now and to be able to come and meet so many with the same interest and see their 409's is just too great to pass up. I wished the old girl could talk for it probably would make it more interesting but isn't that the case with all of the older cars. The big thing is we get to put faces with handles and names. Thanks Phil making it possible.

Yep, we made the decision after talking to you Paul. It sure helped talking to you about it and hearing your plans. We might have to unload and use the 9 iron for a push car to keep up with you but some how or other I bet we can make it. Really looking forward to the trip. And as far as Deb cutting a Hawaiian vacation short that she had planned now for 2 years and drive half way across the country for this says a lot for sure. Ok see ya soon... Butch

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's awesome your coming to Kansas Butch!! I'm very excited to meet you and see your car!
Rick

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks Rick. I will be asking around who's who but sure we will run into each other am looking forward to it. I really did not think we were going to go but since my wife Debbie and I talked about it and made the decision to make the trip we both are really looking forward to it. It will feel good to do something with the car as well. We took it Boise Idaho and also to Yakima Washington for a couple events and that has been it. It has been sitting since March. So looking forward to meeting you Rick.. Butch

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Thats great Butch, it will be tough to find one better looking than your fleetmaster :bow:bow:bow

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks Phil. I Hope the ole car is not a disappointment. I know there are a bunch of prettier 409's than the 61 for it is really plain looking and tons of them are surely faster by far but anything with a 409 in it has always received our attention for 40 years now and to be able to come and meet so many with the same interest and see their 409's is just too great to pass up. I wished the old girl could talk for it probably would make it more interesting but isn't that the case with all of the older cars. The big thing is we get to put faces with handles and names. Thanks Phil making it possible.

Yep, we made the decision after talking to you Paul. It sure helped talking to you about it and hearing your plans. We might have to unload and use the 9 iron for a push car to keep up with you but some how or other I bet we can make it. Really looking forward to the trip. And as far as Deb cutting a Hawaiian vacation short that she had planned now for 2 years and drive half way across the country for this says a lot for sure. Ok see ya soon... Butch
Here you go Butch......................want another copy????!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-409-Bi...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4626c7dd43&vxp=mtr

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks Pat for the vote but I think anything with those funny looking valve covers are great looking no matter what it is in. The 348 409's are one of a kind for sure. None like them as far as I am concerned. I will be giving you a call here shortly.
And Phil. I seen that e bay ad once before and I thought what?? $10.00??? I got to tell you, we bought this car for $550.00 and it had a patched up crack on the outside of the block. It ran good no leaks, I just did not trust it. I went down to our neighborhood wrecking yard and picked up another complete 409 for $75.00. So for $625.00 I had the car and 2 complete running 409's. Trying to raise 3 kids making what I was making on a farm and working 6 days a week and long hours I found I spent way over our limit with little time to work on it even if I found a few bucks and there was a time I think I would of sold the whole car for $10.00. All it was an old Biscayne and never knew the history of it till 32 years later so a little over $10 bucks could of taken it home.. I had the paint off with the motor out and no money to go any further for 5 years and it look like I would of really had to do some selling to get that much out of it. Thanks for posting that though.. Seems weird. Butch.. PS, more and more eager to the trip Phil.

Last edited: